Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Took my rear wheel out to have the punctured tyre replaced. Discovered that the wheel bearing on the left is seized and spinned in the wheel and the wheel is worn away at that point, so I need another wheel. Typical of a job that should'a took a couple of hours will now take a few weeks probably. While I'm awaiting a wheel I will pull the front one as well and check that bearing to and all the brakes while I'm at it. Looks like it's going to be the Yamaha Majesty for work until I get sorted.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Eamon ,I think I can get a rear wheel for you ,I will send you a contact number ..via private message ..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I've got one as well if you want it (or if anyone else wants it). You can have it for free if you collect it yourself (if Ciarans one doesn't suit or is too far away) in Dublin, I'll be glad to get rid of it. Perfect nick, all the paint etc still there. No disk, I gave that to someone else.I'd suggest you take the bearings out of it and fit new ones as a matter of common sense. I've some other Wing stuff I want to give away as well, I'll post the details some day when I get time to do another spring clean in the garage.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wingnut wrote:
I've got one as well if you want it. You can have it for free if you collect it yourself in Dublin, I'll be glad to get rid of it. Perfect nick, all the paint etc still there. I've some other Wings I want to give away as well, I'll post the details some day when I get time to do another spring clean in the garage.
Wingnut,:D You dont happen to have a spare 1800 to give away.:cool: BTW this is summer time, long past the spring. ;) Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Well the wheel is gone to a new home, Eamonn picked it up yesterday. No 1800's to give away I'm afraid, couple of panels maybe when I get the time to look.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the wheel Steve, got me out of a spot. Should have new bearings for it tomorrow.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

I hope all you guys out there and im sureyou do :) appreciate the amount of help and support that wingnut provides for every man and woman that rides a goldwing and im sure other types of bikes as well.:D Andhis generosity for providing a website like this.;) Dont forget that this man has a day's work to do to keep his family and himself living. I just dont know where he gets the time. :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I agree with you redwing ,I think steve stays up all night and then when he gets to work he lies under a car and gets a couple of hours sleep ..Wouldnt it be a wonderful world if all wingers were like Steve...Nothing is ever a problem for him and he always has time to talk to everybody ..well said redwing ...Ciaran

ps I reckon this site is the most used goldwing site in the world ..

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
I agree with you redwing ,I think steve stays up all night and then when he gets to work he lies under a car and gets a couple of hours sleep ..Wouldnt it be a wonderful world if all wingers were like Steve...Nothing is ever a problem for him and he always has time to talk to everybody ..well said redwing ...Ciaran

ps I reckon this site is the most used goldwing site in the world ..
I would think this site is used by every person in the world who rides a wing and thats no exaggeration.:D I had to caution him one Sunday morning in South Anne's St. after a cup of Cof!!!!!!! :? Oops ! ! ! !:pnot toever think of selling this site, because we would be totally lost without it and him.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.