Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Friday evening I took a ride to a local car show. I always park in a way as to be able to pull right out. When I went to leave a corvette had parked on an angle in front of me. I had to back the bike up a slight incline. I sat on the bike and muscled it back, when I took off down the road my legs started to cramp up. I was on a major roadway by the time I got off the big road things were a little better but my legs are still sore. is there a better way to do this?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
imported post

You probably did everything you could (short of getting one of those new-fangled 1500's with the reverse gearing :))

Whenever I do something like that and a knee/leg/shoulder, etc. starts to sing Ave Maria, I pull off the roadway, get off the bike and do some stretching exercises to relieve the cramps. If you know that your body will react that way, all you can do (once you've moved the bike out of harm's way) is to get off, stretch a little to try and prevent the cramps or simply wait them out before riding again.

As the owner of a high mileage body myself:(I can certainly empathize. I've only used reverse gear a few times, but for those uphill/difficult parking situations it's sure nice to have.:clapper:

Good luck:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

only way i know of is to buy a 1500 or 1800 with a reverse gear or have someone push it backwards . most people dont mind. LOL

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I guess now I know this high mileage body will do that and I will have to take precautions

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Have her get off and push! :cheeky1::action:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

johnmac wrote:
Have her get off and push! :cheeky1::action:
:cheeky1:been there----done that too.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
imported post

best thing to do is set off the alarm of the car then ask the driver to help you back it up
thank him for his help for an old man
then mumble to your self about how much of a a**hole he
was for parking that way

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

I have a high mileage body also but have found way around most thing that hurt.

Practice this on flat ground first to perfect technique.Set your front brake and push with your arms on the handle bars. This will compress the front forks. As the front end comes back up, turn the front brake loose,pull with your arms and let you butt hid the seat and your bike will roll backwards.

Practice on a flat spot and amuse the tourist next time you get in adownhill spot.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Go see if the Corvette's unlocked.... if it is, shift it to neutral and push it out of your way....... then ride off as per usual........

:cheeky1::cooldevil:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.