Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if the GL1200 backrests for the Interstate and Aspencade will fit the Plain Jane models? A fellow Winer her asked me this and I'm not sure if the mounts are different on the undressed models.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

All the GL1200 driver's back-rests bolt to the left and right upper shock mount.. The right side also bolts to the receiver next to the battery and requires a small spacer.

There are many different designs out there for drivers back rests, and they require additional brackets...

Let me know if you are having a problem..

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

GL1200 Standard requires just a 'sissybar' type backrest. it is a naked Wing with no bags, trunk, etc..A backrest for an Interstate is not compatable to a Standard Wing.

PS.. I just gor signed in to this site and am the giuy actually lookling for one.

Thx for your input all

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Seadog,

You might look for a Road Sofa seat which has the back rest mount integral to the seat. I have an 87 Aspencade with the Road Sofa and the back rest is fine. It does not attach to the shocks or frame, but instaed inserts into the back of the drievers cushion with a bayonet like fitting.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The backrest type Brojees pictured is the best type since it doesn't have any hardware to interfer with a rear seat passenger.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Fellas,

I'm looking for a passenger backrest My( a standard model..no bags, trunk etc..)

The standard Wing is a cruiser model

the backrewst will be a 'sissybar' configuration..

Noone makes it or offers it.. my only hope is for one of you guys to have one in the back of your garage or know someone woth an old 1100 or 1200 naked Wing willing to sel parts from it..

i need lot'o'luck'

thx for all the input..appreciate any and all .

Sadog (Phil)

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

OOOPS!!! I thought all Wings had passenger back rests!!

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Why not try the Utopia backrest? Fits all plain jane Wings as well as dressers. And welcome to the forum Seadog. :waving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.