Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine... and those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I think that you are pretty well right on the mark. They say that's why beer, ale, wine and other spirits were so popular in the days of old.

They were safer than the water.

But then people back then also thought it was unsafe to take a bath.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

retiredintime- Is'nt there a distillery there around you somewheres???

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Daveo wrote:
retiredintime- Is'nt there a distillery there around you somewheres???
Jack Daniels whiskey. Linchburg Tn. It is in Southern Tn, somewheres....

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

As a person who treats the water that you drink, that's not entirely true. The State of Texas requires extensive testing for e-coli as does the EPA. I can assure you that any water taken from a certified water system will not have this problem. The Clean Water Act has put a tight limit on contaminants and this gets tighter every year.

I ain't skeered of my water. But Tequila is an alternative I do enjoy........

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Texson wrote:
As a person who treats the water that you drink, that's not entirely true. The State of Texas requires extensive testing for e-coli as does the EPA. I can assure you that any water taken from a certified water system will not have this problem. The Clean Water Act has put a tight limit on contaminants and this gets tighter every year.

I ain't skeered of my water. But Tequila is an alternative I do enjoy........
Your not convincing me, I'll stick to me beer... :goofygrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.