Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK now what did I do wrong ? I have it hooked up on my 85 ASP on the left side wired correctly and it won't work, I bench tested it and it works fine. Do I have to disconnect the right side ? I once again took a 2 hour job and turned it into a marathon, AAARRGGGGGgggggggg . Oh and yes I ran it through a relay.

·
Premium Member
67,757 Posts
was you switch on ??

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was you switch on ??
LOL with me you never know, yes the switch was on and the right horn works but the new airhorn won't on the left side. I have it fused to the battery and that wire fed into the #30 on the relay, I have the old horn wires on #85 & 86 on the relay and I have the #87 from the relay going to the new horn + and from the horn I have a ground wire.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
It sounds like you have it wired right. Do you hear the relay operate when you try to blow the horn? If so then measure with a voltmeter or test light and see if you have 12 volts on pin 87 of the relay while pushing the horn button. Possible you have a bad relay.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a bad fuse holder that I just purchased. I'm getting tired of this crappy quality, a couple weeks ago I installed a craftsman garage door opener and the instructions were wrong which cost me several hours. I can screw up enough by myself without any help lol .

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great to hear that you can now be heard
Yup, I got that bad boy all buttoned up then I asked the wife to come hit the horn button in the garage for me so I could hear it from the front, she hit it and jumped about 2 feet. I put ice on the knot on my head and the swelling is going down but my vision is still a little blurry.

·
Premium Member
67,757 Posts
Glad you found the problem and thanks for letting us know.. You're right about the poor quality.. How about light bulbs.. Just change a bulb 12 feet up and the darn thing was no good out of the box........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.