Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
24,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the trip to Virginia I just got back from I saw lots of crazy and stupid moves by drivers on the interstates. A couple that really stuck in my mind were one, going through Memphis where there are multiple lanes, I was in the 2nd from the left lane and a car came up from behind, switched to the left lane and went by me, then switched to my lane in front of me then to the lane to the right and slowed to less than my speed. What the he!! was that about? I almost always use the cruise control on the interstate and lots of times drivers would pass me then slow down so I passed them then they pass me and so on. Don't people know what the cruise is for?
On the return trip Monday night I was in the right lane, cruise set as usual, 2 cars pass me on the left then slow to about match my speed but slightly slower. Then a car comes up behind me and starts flashing his lights, I'm in the right lane bozo, flash the morons in the left lane. After a mile or 2 when I got ahead of the cars in the left lane enough for him to get by he moves to the left lane then stays pretty much at my speed. I guess he wasn't in a hurry any more.
Another one was a WalMart truck. We came up to an accident and traffic slowed, I couldn't tell where exactly it was until I could actually see it and of course it was in my lane, I signaled to move over and the trucker decided he wasn't going to let that happen so I waited for a reasonable person to let me in. I passed him after the traffic jam and showed him he was #1. A little later we stopped for gas and caught up with him again, he was in the right lane going up a hill, when I came up on the left he suddenly moved over to block me, I passed him on the right, he is still #1. Wish I had gotten his truck #.
I have thought about writing a book on stuff like this. You guys add your own stories like this.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
As far as the Walmart truck, I would call Walmart corporate and report him. They really don't need a truck number, just the time of day, the road he was on and approximate mile marker. Their dispatchers will know who he was.

·
Administrator
24,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as the Walmart truck, I would call Walmart corporate and report him. They really don't need a truck number, just the time of day, the road he was on and approximate mile marker. Their dispatchers will know who he was.
So far I have not been able to find a number to call to report anything to do with their trucks, or where I could speak with a human.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I passed a guy a few winters ago during some snow flurries, guess he didnt like it so he sped up and passed me. He then got in front of me while i was in the right lane a braked checked me, the second one was just enough for a love tap. I was so proud of my very first unintentional pit maneuver. Never drive like a crazy man in front of a Crazy man!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I drive 400+miles in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area and dumb a++ drivers are plentiful,the ones that REALLY hack me off are the ones in the left lane and suddenly remember that is the exit I want,then move at a 60 degree angle across traffic to that exit while other drivers slam on the brakes to keep from hitting the fool.Some don’t make it and hit the barrier,causing the road to be closed.👎🏻👎🏻

·
Administrator
57,469 Posts
I drive 400+miles in the Dallas/ Fort Worth area and dumb a++ drivers are plentiful,the ones that REALLY hack me off are the ones in the left lane and suddenly remember that is the exit I want,then move at a 60 degree angle across traffic to that exit while other drivers slam on the brakes to keep from hitting the fool.Some don’t make it and hit the barrier,causing the road to be closed.👎🏻👎🏻
That is when I am wishing I was driving an Abrahms tank and practicing the Pitt Manuver. :|

·
Premium Member
1,644 Posts
I don't remember who was the guy on this forum that gave a great advice which I try to follow.
In situations like this assume the a--holes have a reason of doing what they do, assume they are you grandkids that are not all that experienced and don't know any better. Not easy but try your best. It keeps you sane.

Back in Jersey there was a place on 287 where the traffic was bumper to bumper for a few miles. The right lane was "exit only" for at least 3/4 mile. Jerk after jerk was riding it to the end and then try to cut in front of the other drivers.
I refused to let them in front of me.
Sometimes I completely blocked drivers from passing on the right when the lane was ending soon and they had to merge left. They were informed long before, but they chose to keep going ahead and cut in front of others.
I learned neither is good for my health and Im not in a hurry any longer, so I create an excuse for the a---hole. Maybe his momma is sick

·
Registered
826 Posts
All the other cars on the road are just obsticals. Every one that drives Faster than Me is CRAZY, and every one who drives Slower than Me is an IDIOT. , This applies no matter the mood or hurry or not that i'm in..

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
So far I have not been able to find a number to call to report anything to do with their trucks, or where I could speak with a human.
Call the corporate customer service number. Ask to speak to a representative responsible for the fleet or a phone number. Corporate Phone Number: 1-800-925-6278

·
Administrator
21,856 Posts

·
Administrator
24,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Call the corporate customer service number. Ask to speak to a representative responsible for the fleet or a phone number. Corporate Phone Number: 1-800-925-6278
I already tried that and like I said I never got to speak to a human.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I already tried that and like I said I never got to speak to a human.
That's weird. I've used that number a few times and always got a person. My not have been exactly who I waqs looking for but did have a CSR get me to the right person.
I found another number, try this one: 1-479-273-4000

·
Administrator
24,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's weird. I've used that number a few times and always got a person. My not have been exactly who I waqs looking for but did have a CSR get me to the right person.
I found another number, try this one: 1-479-273-4000
Will do, tomorrow, it's already after working hours. I thought I might get a # off another WalMart trailer but haven't seen one lately.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's what they get for jaywalking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts