Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i had my carbs. rebuilt and now i'm getting poor gas milage.it is a 88 1500se i have checked my braks and they are ok please help:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

Okay, you had the carbs rebuilt but did you have them vacume sinked? Failing to do that would directly cause poor milage, hard starting and rough idel. You have to sink them while they are on the bike and the bike running. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

The floats could also be at the wrong level, giving the motor either a lean or rich condition.

What is the color of the plugs? Can you post a picture?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving: Welcome to the World's Greatest Goldwing Site duncamp! :waving::waving:

So what kind of mileage are you getting? It helps if you can give as much info on your bike as possible for any of us to make somewhat educated guesses as to your problem. How does it run? Smokin, (the bike that is), normal power, decent idle, what do the spark plugs look like? Can you smell gas around the bike either parked or running? Those kinds of information would help a lot.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

i payed to have them rebuilt i would think they sinked them but who knows.the bike runs well no smoke, plugs look fine,idel is fine.i do smell gas,but it smells more like marvel mystry oil

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

duncanp,
Take the bike back to whoever rebuilt the carbs and tell them to do it right.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

already have he was offended and i thought he was going to throw me out, only goldwing shop in town. he did however mutter something about the air filter(i changed it did not help).

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Welcome, fellow Springfieldian. I wish I knew a little more about the carbs, I'd run over and help ya out. Anyways, these guys will probably get you on the right track. Gene's usually does a decent job, I have heard decent things from them. I am kinda suprised.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

you are right. greg and bert are relly good people,and i meant no disrespect to them.but when i asked greg he said check air filter and when i asked bert he seemed angry.and i know he knows he stuff. as far as i know he is the best goldwingmech. around. so i left it at that, plus i want to learn as much about goldie(my 88 king wing) as i can. thank you for your reply,plese send my your e-mail adress @ [email protected] and maybe we can go on a ride.soon we will start our dinner ridesalso we ride somewere evey other saturday. thanks phillip duncan lake country riders. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Email sent...

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.