Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The company I work for got bought out and everyone lost all their vacation.... So this means we cannot afford to come down to the MnG... We cannot afford for me to be off work for a week with no $$:thumbsdown:

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
imported post

Sorry to hear that. On the bright side at least you get to keep your job.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

:crying::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::crying:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Very sorry to hear of the situation Digby mate, hope things work out work wise and you can soon carry on as before. :sadguy:

:waving:

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
The company I work for got bought out and everyone lost all their vacation..
I'd ALMOST bet higher staff has vacation time. :readit:

Maybe they acquired all your vacation time?

SUX BIG TIME that happened.
Maybe a $11.30 per hour part time job might help?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

FM wrote:

SUX BIG TIME that happened.
Maybe a $11.30 per hour part time job might help?
Somehow, I just knew that was going to surface, sooner or later! :D

Loosing one's vacation time is no laughing matter though. :sadguy:

Sorry to hear the recent developments, Bill. :byebye:

Dusty

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
imported post

Ditto on the not right. Doesn't the vacation paycarry over? Nice scam for the new owner if it doesn't.

·
Just one of the guys
4,793 Posts
imported post

If I wrote what I am thinking the Axe would fall quickly. People who would do that are pretty low. Really stinks to lose vacations, I guess they don't want happy employees.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

DougW wrote:
If I wrote what I am thinking the Axe would fall quickly. People who would do that are pretty low. Really stinks to lose vacations, I guess they don't want happy employees.
That does sound very harsh to me and I don't think that would be a legal move over here, certainly it is nothing I have ever heard of happening before. Yes, leave cancelled for now, or paid in lieu due to exceptional circumstances, but to just write it off..... :?:wtf:

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
DougW wrote:
That does sound very harsh to me and I don't think that would be a legal move over here, certainly it is nothing I have ever heard of happening before. Yes, leave cancelled for now, or paid in lieu due to exceptional circumstances, but to just write it off..... :?:wtf:
The way I see it is when a solvent company is purchased the buyer gets the assets and the liabilities. Obligations to the employees is one of the liabilities.

If the buyer only purchased the machinery and customer list they may be legal but someone sure isn't being ethical.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

nobbie wrote:

The way I see it is when a solvent company is purchased the buyer gets the assets and the liabilities. Obligations to the employees is one of the liabilities.

If the buyer only purchased the machinery and customer list they may be legal but someone sure isn't being ethical.

I am guessing only time will tell as to how the new owner treats the workers, this may just be something to stop lay offs etc, let's hope so at least and that Digger will bring us better news of the whole thing before too long.
I have known him a good while through here and meeting at Nassir 1 and I don't like to see anyone suffer hardships of any kind.

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
imported post

"We have 41,178 members . . . "
Now THAT would be some sight to see if all the members rode their bikes to Digger's company and held a protest.
:badgrin:

Somehow DIG, . . . it'll work out.

OH. . . is your UMU June 1st ride still on?

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Since Iowa is a "right to work" state.. they can do just about anything they want and since we don't have a union there is no recourse (not saying a union is a good thing ether)

Yes the June shin dig is still on.. I flat out told them I need those days off, unpaid but still off :weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

SOOOOOO Sorry to hear that!!!!!! With the Job market like it is at least your still working but it still BITS the BIG ONE.. We all know you will be there in our HARTS......

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Yea Digby it does suck. It happened to me recently. My boss sold the company I work for to a bigger company and I lost everything that I use to have. 4 weeks vacationto none. Great wages to Pis poor wages, longer hours on salary, treated like poop, previous boss paid my health insurance to nothing. I'm looking for another job as we speak. I hate this frickin' company. 31 years down the drain.
The beatings will continue until moral improves.:lash::yelling:
Hobie

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.