Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know what the difference is between the original and the new generation hand wings? Other than the price of course.

I'm talking about the 1500.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
imported post

I was thinking about getting a set of those. I understand the new ones have a "stop" to keep them in place.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Hodgy wrote:
I was thinking about getting a set of those. I understand the new ones have a "stop" to keep them in place.
For some reason I think I remember reading that they were made out of a new and better material.....

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Yes .... the new generation ones are supposed to be made of shatter resistant plastic.

2 years ago, I hit a killer frost heave while riding from the rim road, down to Lost Creek Caampground at Crater Lake NP. It was such a bad 'dip' that I came close to being bounced out of the saddle(I wasn't doing anymore than 30mph)and the impact of that dip started a crack from one of the holes drilled through the plastic, where it's bolted on. It has since spread, but is still hanging in.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Yes.. the new ones are made of Lexan, that will bend long before braking. Same material as OEM windshields. Oh oh... I shouldent have mentioned windshields, because so many aftermarket windshields are made of acrylic plastic that shatters into knife blades in an accident!!! Buttt wait... the "OLD" Baker Hand Wings were acrylic and have a tendancy to crack in some severe conditions.
Regardless.. the Baker Hand Wings are terrific! I recommend them.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

The mounting was also augmented (the old old hand wings did not have the strap that runs to the bottom corner fairing bolt...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.