Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

Can you get to the carbs by removing the air filter, or do I have to have the side panels off also? (enough to get vacuum gauges on)

Cheers

Mark

EDIT: Ok well I found this topic

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=162&forum_id=1&highlight=remove+carbs

BUT I now need to remove the carbs to have a better look, I can see the slider is stuck!
Is this as bad as it looks? or is there an easier way to get them off?

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Mark,

you don't have to remove the carbs to balance them. You just remove the right side lower fairing panel and get a long screwdriver onto the balancing screw, once you have your carb gauges connected.
Removing the carbs is a long process on the 1500, you can expect to spend half a day at this with all the stripping.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

BenMC wrote:
Mark,

you don't have to remove the carbs to balance them. You just remove the right side lower fairing panel and get a long screwdriver onto the balancing screw, once you have your carb gauges connected.
Removing the carbs is a long process on the 1500, you can expect to spend half a day at this with all the stripping.

Thanks for the reply!

Do the vacuum gauges connect onto the pipe near the head between the spark plug caps?

This is a little different to the sports bikes I have been used to! :shock:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

mark1247 wrote:
BenMC wrote:
Mark,

Thanks for the reply!

Do the vacuum gauges connect onto the pipe near the head between the spark plug caps?

This is a little different to the sports bikes I have been used to! :shock:
They do indeed Mark. Just don't disconnect the gauge hoses with the engine running, it will cut out and take ages to restart. Also don't forget to plug the hoses that you pulled off the pipes.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the reply englishted

I thought it had to be those, BUT it is always nice to have it confirmed. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.