Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased a new e-3 tire for the front of my wing thinking of using dyna beads. How well do they work do you feel any shutter or shake when first starting out or is it smooth front the start to the stop? also how much should be installed in a front tire? is 2oz. about right? thanks

·
Premium Member
9,260 Posts
I have used the beads for a while and I don't feel any shaking or any imbalance on starting or stopping. They have kept the tire in balance for the life of the tire.

2 oz should be fine in the front tire

Larry

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
2oz of Dynabeads front or rear - smooth as glass at any speed. I have them in my 1500 and 1800.

·
Premium Member
12,869 Posts
very happy with beads . I run a car tire on rear with 3oz and 2oz in front tire . I dont see going back to lead weight .

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
I've been using dynabeads for about 5 years now. In my opinion they work even better than lead weights.

Smooth as a baby's butt.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Im happy with them in my VTX, just havent gotten around to the 1500 yet...good luck

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
I just used the beads in my new front tire and it is smoother than any tire I have ever run on any bike I have ever had. One note about using beads though. Be sure to never check your tire pressures without first putting a small puff of air into the valve stem to blow any errant beads back into the tire. If you put the pressure gauge onto the stem first there is a good chance of a bead getting into the stem valve and holding it open until you have lost all of the pressure, not a good thing when you are miles from a compressor.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I just bought front and back Dunlop E3s ..took Just the wheels to the bike shop and had them installed ($20 each)..no balancing done ..when I brought them home.. installed Dyna beads 2 oz front 3 oz back..(had them in the old tires also) Just took them on there first ride ..SMOOTH!! ..no tire noise either...yet

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I've used them but don't really see a lot of difference over a hand balanced wheel. Riding my 1800 well over 100mph with both hand balanced wheels and later Dyna Beads I really can't see any difference since both methods yield a very smooth ride.
Dyna Beads cost more but are quicker and easier to use. Hand balancing cost next to nothing but takes a bit more time and effort. Balancing the rear tire on an 1800 is definitely easier with Dyna Beads.

·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok just read some interesting things on the dyna beads web sit. for trying to install beads through valve stem with TPM in rims you can not feed them through the stem. you need to install them before you seat the beads. also they are safe for bikes with tpm. only exception is with the screw on tpm ,youll need a filter on the valve stem. other wise there safe to use and im going to try them out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.