Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Found a trunk for my Aspy. Anyone have any ideas on what a good ballpark price would be? Pics below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Another....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Ande the last...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

The price varies widely due to condition and demand like most anything, one thing I do notice about the trunk it is missing the trunk brace. Without the brace you will end up cracking the trunk in a short time, we found out the hard way :)

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Could I not use the brace off the trunk I already have? I also intend to shore up the bolt holes with some metal strapping. Seems to me just those 4 bolts to hold the trunk and the passenger backrest is just too flimsy.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

#15 is the trunk brace and it works great if you have on with your other trunk then by all means use it, it will save your trunk. We put one on ours after cracking the trunk and boy my wife could really tell the difference in the comfort and support.

If you don't have this brace send me a pm I might have an extra one for cheap I could sell you.

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks. Since I'll be offshore until April 30, I'll have to wait until then. Keep that brace handy, if you can, just in case.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Great! Now I have to go find me a trunk brace. Apparently they were standard on the LTD, SEI, and the '86 & '87 Aspencade/Interstate. For the '84 & "85 Aspencade/Interstate models, all they used were right and left stiffener hinges (like the one in the picture above). Honda probably knew they needed to beef these hinges up and went with a full brace. I wonder if a guy could fab his own brace without losing too much space in the trunk. Does anyone know how thick the trunk brace is?

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

klwatts wrote:
Great! Now I have to go find me a trunk brace. Apparently they were standard on the LTD, SEI, and the '86 & '87 Aspencade/Interstate. For the '84 & "85 Aspencade/Interstate models, all they used were right and left stiffener hinges (like the one in the picture above). Honda probably knew they needed to beef these hinges up and went with a full brace. I wonder if a guy could fab his own brace without losing too much space in the trunk. Does anyone know how thick the trunk brace is?
About 10 - 12 ga:waving::waving::waving:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
Ray, what are those smaller brackets for. Mine has the stiffener but not those.:?:?:shock::shock::shock::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

We used a 4" wide aluminum plate to beef up my Dad's trunk on his 84 Aspy, so far it seems to be working pretty well. Put a strip on each side.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Finally got a quote from the seller on the trunk. Does $150 sound reasonable based on the images I posted of the trunk?

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

I think $150 is reasonable. $100 would be better though. Ask if he'd meet you in the middle, but I'd pay the buckfifty if he doesn't go down though.

On fleabay,it all depends on condition and demand that week. Sometimes on fleabay...
The light alone goes for about 20-40 bucks.
The arm cushions go for about 30-70 bucks.
The trunk alone(even the one you showed needing paint) goes for about 30-100 bucks.
The passenger pad goes for 5-40 bucks(the one shown probably zero though).
The luggage rack goes for about 5-25 bucks.

And if you don't like having spare parts in your garage attic, sell off your spares here or on fleabay and get back some on your trunkmoney.

Good luck:waving:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I agree with IR. I've bought and sold a few and $150 even seems a bit high, for the shape it's in. As long as it isn't full of a lot of micro-cracks.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Thanks....I don't need the chrome rack, the backrest, or the trunk reflector so I can sell them off. He assures me that there are no cracks and will take it back if I'm not satisfied with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.