Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The bike turns over and sounds like it is trying to start but does not start. I have had similar behavior from another bike that needed to have the bank angle sensor reset. I have followed the recommended procedure to reset the sensor but no change. I would like to bypass the sensor if I can find the location. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I kinda doubt it is the bank angle sensor. But it is located the rear of the front fairing, on the lower part of the right headlight. Top shelter has to be removed to get to it. You can run a voltage check on it with the ignition on, between the red/white and ground.
0 to 1 volt in horizontal(run) battery voltage if you take the two nuts off and hold it sideways.

How about spark to the plugs, and or fuel pressure, all that kind of thing? One of the safety switches defective, like the kickstand switch? Could be many things. but if you get spark and fuel, it will fire. ...............fuses?????

Kit

·
Administrator
26,155 Posts
imported post

How about the fuel pump relay, you should hear the pump run for a second or 2 when you turn the switch on.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thank you for the reply and the information. The pump seems to be working, at least I can hear it when the key is turned on, and there is spark but it seems to be weak.

I will check the bank angle sensor now that I know where it is and how it should test.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Check the stop /run switch on the handlebars ,They gave trouble on the earlier 1800 s and could still be a problem ,Switch it on and off anfew times as you are turning the engine over and see does that cure the problem ,Ciaran

·
Registered
2 Posts
bank angle sensor

hi, i too need to bypass my sensor to see if it cures the problem. dont really need it now as i have triked it lol. which wires do i need to join? thanks:wink2:

·
Administrator
26,155 Posts
Jump the green & red/white. FYI you brought up a 6 1/2 year old thread, most of the time that lessens the chance you will get a response.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Might check the vacuum petcock also. If you wonder if it is fuel related take out the left filler panel next to the handle bars and give it a little sniff of ether or carb cleaner. Don't get carried away with them though. If you get a positive response then look at the petcock and filter closer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.