Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,

I've had my gl1800 hundred about 19 weeks now and have covered just under 9500 miles, I experience slight handlebar vibration which i think couldbe cured with slightly heavier bar ends.

Does any one know of a source for heavier bar ends?

Many thanks for you help.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

I have changed my bar weights for the ones that come with the iso grips and it does not make any difference - the ride and feel is the same. A vibration at the front is possibly a tyre problem or fork problem. Is the vibration at all speeds or just ina small range :shock:

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The vibration is only in the range of 3 - 3.5 k revs the most used.

Its an annoyance rather than a problem and has been present across both tyres, second has only 1200 miles on it

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Don't know about 1800 bars, but I've always put a patch of "Innertube" under my bars and that solved it! Cheap too!

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

What an excellent idea - the patch.

On the vibrations, if this is your second set of tyres and it is still happening, I would think about having them re balanced and check the head bearings for loosness.

That speed range seems tooccur withdunlop or metzler tyres although I expect it could happen with any tyre. Just a thought, it may be the rear causing it

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

tanygaer wrote:
Hi,

I've had my gl1800 hundred about 19 weeks now and have covered just under 9500 miles, I experience slight handlebar vibration which i think couldbe cured with slightly heavier bar ends.

Does any one know of a source for heavier bar ends?
Hey tanygaer :waving: [shadow=green]WELCOME [/shadow] to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper: I dont think weights are your problem. The wheels probably need to be balanced and make sure that you have [shadow=red]BRIDGESTONE[/shadow] Tyres fitted. You sure make great use of your :18red:9500 (s)miles in 19 weeks. I know one guy that has his :18red:almost three years and has 1560 miles completed. :stumped:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.