Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I wasn't sure if this would be okay to do, so I PMd the wingnut and he said to go ahead. If we put all the bargain and low priced used parts we see on the web and elsewhere in this thread, they will be easier to find later. I for one havea hard time finding all thethreads with low pricedtiming belts and other stuff, and I thought this might be an idea.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Gates T070 timing belts for GL1200, $10.30 each or $5.93 each from an Amazonreseller list.

[align=center]LINK[/align]

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

GL1200 starter motor, $61 buy it now. This looks like the hard to get 1984 starter motor, but I'm not sure.
Click the picture for the linky.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

BenMilner wrote:
Good idea BW. But won't this thread drop down the pages too, unless it gets sticky'd?

Plus the flea-bay ads only run for a month at the longest. They will be soon out dated as the thread ages.....-Rich

P.S. Maybe have the thread reverse posting, meaning the newest posts listed first. This way the latest bargins are right there in front....

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
imported post

I think its an awesome idea. Kind of like the Hot deal index thread I visit on a tool forum. There is alot of action in the thread and its usually on the first page. What would be great is if you took the first post and placed all the stuff on it where pricing doesnt change, like your timing belts from amazon. Then further post for stuff like ebay or one day deals follow in further posts. Personally I would like to see a thread where people buy all their stuff, ie belts, brake pads, brake rebuild kits, all in one thread. Just a suggestion but ya got a good idea.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Redeye1620 wrote:
Maybe have the thread reverse posting, meaning the newest posts listed first. This way the latest bargins are right there in front....
That probably can't be done for a single thread. I personally click the last/recent post first arrow on long threads, and it works for me.
I think it's a good idea by bootwing. :claps:

·
Happy Goldwinger
778 Posts
imported post

Good idea you had bootwing. :applause:

Some Vetter fairing panels on ebay, for the GL1000. These are hard to get. $25 each buy it now.

Here is the other one. Same seller.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

This could turn into a good thread. A dedicated part of the forum for thiscould work better, but I guess a thread like this is good enough.

Some hard to find GL1100 side panels on ebay at low prices right now.......

GL1100 side covers in 2 auctions by the same seller, no bids on either item yet and only 2 days left. Seller looking for a $20 starting bid for each cover, looks like a nice set of side covers for low price.

[align=center]RIGHT COVER LINK[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]-----------------------------[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]LEFT COVER LINK[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
[/align]

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

GL1100 right side cover. Looking for $18 starting bid, no bids yet. Looks like a good buy.

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]THE LINK[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
[/align]

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Alot of these links are on the forums "other link" section http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/drwCustom.php?page=worth_a_lookand as for Ebay, we all refere a member there if a part is needed. The problem with ebay is that if you post a link here todat, next week a member sees that link & realizes that he needs that part but when he clicks the link it is gone as either sold or outdated. Your Idea is great & someone suggested a sticky & for suppliers this would work but would be better for the Mods to transfer to the reference section. Putting Ebaty to a sticky would be a waste of the mods time as those adds are time sensitive. Most of us senior members will actuall due a search on our own for a newbie looking for a part, in order to help them out.:cheesygrin::cheesygrin::waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

It can't be a bad thing to have, and if some members are actively looking for hot deals it will be even better.
We all know the ebay time limits, the date of the posts would indicate how old the ebay link is.
Let it run and see how things go is my suggestion.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

GoWing wrote:
It can't be a bad thing to have, and if some members are actively looking for hot deals it will be even better.
We all know the ebay time limits, the date of the posts would indicate how old the ebay link is.
Let it run and see how things go is my suggestion.
Larry, you've been on hereb longer that me, so you know that the date of the post mean nothing to a newbie. They just start reading a post, see something interesting & jump in. I don't know how many times I have done that or worse yet, respond to the newbie who has asked a question& I have responded only to realize that the post is 4 years old.:whoops::D:D:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.