Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This was the first real planned road trip of my life. I have ridden thousands of miles, but since Bargoyle is my first Wing, I have usually only gone short local riding.

This weekend I did around 400 miles, with two nights on the road. What a wonderful way to spend the time. Mostly through the Oregon Cascades, and McKenzie pass...

Here's where Bargoyle and I were on Friday night around 5:30 pm. 5266ft elevation, which is high for Oregon.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

It's great you're out riding, nice picture.

I leave tomorrow for a three day trip through northern MN.

Maybe I'll get a few pictures.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

That'd be great... I would love to see more people post a pic or two of their rides...

:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

I leave next week on a 1000 mile ride.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Brojees, Where are you going ?:baffled:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I am NOT going to tackle something like a thousand miles till I do something about my seat!:shock:

I am sure I have some glutial trainingthat needs to be done, but I think my 25 year old seat may be a bit worn.

Does any oneknow of any gel covers or such? I have looked at the RoadSofa and the Corbin seats, but am looking for a gel seat cover as an option.

L8r

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
I am NOT going to tackle something like a thousand miles till I do something about my seat!:shock:

I am sure I have some glutial trainingthat needs to be done, but I think my 25 year old seat may be a bit worn.

Does any oneknow of any gel covers or such? I have looked at the RoadSofa and the Corbin seats, but am looking for a gel seat cover as an option.

L8r
I think you'd be happy with the Corbin, but the next best option would probably be one of those inflatable bladder cushions like the Airhawk. I've heard good things about the Airhawk but have not tried it myself.

My experience is with the Corbin... I rode about 1200 miles a few weekends ago, 800 miles/16 hourson Sunday and the only part of my body that was not sore was my butt.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hey Marco... Thanks for the response. I have been looking at a lot of options, and the Corbin looks good. But, the price... Of course they are competitive with the others...

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

By the way... While in Madras (with my 30 yr riding buddy) I played for a bit on his new dirt bike. He bought a Kamasakee 350. Its water cooled, 4 stroke, and looks like it has around 300" of rear travel. Maybe thats cuz it was parked next to Bargoyle at one point.

Any hoo, that thing is a serious thumper. I swear you could see the wheel spin with each fire of the cylinder... It was fun...

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Corbin like Mustang will custom make your seat to your body type!

It takes a few miles to break a "corbin" in but well worth it!

Don't know if "Ultimate Seats" makes one for Gold Wings, but alot of old Corbin and Mustang fans are swearing by them now! Can find them in "google"!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I've spotted a corbin seat on ebay for a 1200. Do they mount up?

Mucho grassya**

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Brojees, Where are you going ?:baffled:
To the other end of the Yellow Brick Road and then down into Oklahoma to Oklahoma City and return from there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.