Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey! I love what the fairing does for me. What a difference!

It went pretty smoothly, other than I couldnt get the running lights to operate. I chose to mount the stock Honda Turn stalks on the underside of the fairing so I could keep all the originall wiring.

Thanks to Gearhead76, Axelwik, and ebay for making it happen!

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

She actually looks better with the fairing... Now it's time to rack up the miles.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Marco, I was amazed at the difference in the way it rides. I cant see any real downside to having it on. Low speed handling, high speed handling, whatever. I like the change.

The helmet I am wearing right now doesnt fit well (I have a new one on order) so riding without one would cause it to really get hammered. If I turned my head, the wind would catch it, and it would spin... Heck if I were wearing a football helmet I would have been looking out the earhole!:action: Thats due to a poor fitting helmet, I know...

See ya...

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

Looks real good:realshocked: looks like one I had on an old Honda 750 I use to have they are nice to have

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Go get some felt temporarily and pad it out.

ubarw wrote:
Marco, I was amazed at the difference in the way it rides. I cant see any real downside to having it on. Low speed handling, high speed handling, whatever. I like the change.

The helmet I am wearing right now doesnt fit well (I have a new one on order) so riding without one would cause it to really get hammered. If I turned my head, the wind would catch it, and it would spin... Heck if I were wearing a football helmet I would have been looking out the earhole!:action: Thats due to a poor fitting helmet, I know...

See ya...

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

Looks good, but then I'm partial to faired bikes.:clapper:Another nice feature is that Craig Vetter made a unit call a "Cycle Sound" to hold a car stereo & speakers.:cooldj: All nestled right at the bottom of the windshield.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Frenchy wrote:
Looks good, but then I'm partial to faired bikes.:clapper:Another nice feature is that Craig Vetter made a unit call a "Cycle Sound" to hold a car stereo & speakers.:cooldj: All nestled right at the bottom of the windshield.
I had one with the fairing, but my hearing is sooo poor (car accident) that it would be a waste of time without 14 kabillion watts of power.

I am trying to decide now if I want to put some hard bags on Bargoyle, or go with some soft bags. If Momma UBarW comes with me, I will need a bit extra space.

The trunk I have, which is an addon as Bargoyle was born naked, has been patched with fiberglass on one corner. I think I could spend some time dressing it down, and repainting it to make it a prettier. So I dont think I need to replace it. But those bags...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

To me the top trunk makes the bike practical. Just so handy for errands. Holds a 36 case of Diet Pepsi with ease. I prefer the hard saddlebags, but the trunk is most important!

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Looks good Ubarw, Glad to help,

I like the hard saddle bags, very usefull, but I leave the trunk off, if I need it it's only four nuts.

Happy ridding

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

Ubarw,

14 kabillion watts of power sounds about right :cooldj:. Shoot, you wouldn't even have to start the motor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.