Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys;
Can anyone share with me how difficult (or easy) it is to replace the handlebars on an 84 Aspencade?
Mine were tweaked in an accident and although the bike goes down the road fairly straight, the bars are totally out of whack. A mechanic tried to straighten them on the bike, as did I, but no Cigar...
My main concern is dealing with the choke and throttle cables. I have never even changed grips before, where do I start? Do the controls just un bolt at the clamps and slide on to the new bars? If it were only that easy...
Thank you in advance for any tips and advice.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
They are easy to remove, only an upper clamp and four 12mm bolts to remove. The switches are easy to remove too, look up from underneath and you will see the screws.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bend Like Buttah

They are easy to remove, only an upper clamp and four 12mm bolts to remove. The switches are easy to remove too, look up from underneath and you will see the screws.

Thank's Ted!
I did not need to replace the bars. Took the controls off carefully so i could see how it went, wrapped a towel around the bar ends and slipped a 4 foot length of 1 1/2" pipe over the end and they bend like buttah...
I used a long level across the bars between the windshield and using that as a straightedge and measuring after each small move, got the bars right where they should be. A nice eBay seller gave me the spread measurements.
It was easy!
Thank's again for the tips and inspiration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.