Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello.

While my spinal block is working this month, I am taking my BATES saddlebags and trunk off., and clean the chrome real good this winter, or until the Spinal Block wears off. A while back, someone posted a digram showing how it went together. I need to put mine on properly. Does anyone know how or where the diagram is or was gotten from? Iam going to do them right, and then I will be happy with it. I started breaking them down this morning around 8:30, and Its 3:03 now, and I am going to quit for the day. and rest

Thanks,

Nightrider1

Thanks,

nightrider1

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Don't rush it and over do it David.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

heres one i have---hope it works for you---- i think its close to what you have---

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks WDA!

Nightrider1

wda-83wing wrote:
heres one i have---hope it works for you---- i think its close to what you have---

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

wda-83wing,

Thanks. I finally got then done. All I like is the 4 tiny screews that hold the frft saddlebag to the right, but that is not difficult to do. I can even lie down to do it!

Funny though, they don't look no different, except they may be more correct than before.

Thanks Brother,

Nightrider1

wda-83wing wrote:

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Bagmaster,

Believe me, I am taking my sweet time. I know how easy a bad spine can go to "worse" very easynow.Seems though, Every time I always have a piece left over.... :)

Thanks Brother,

Nightrider1

Bagmaster wrote:
Don't rush it and over do it David.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

glad to have been able to help some. wayne

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Wayne,

I guess the only problem I am having right now is trying to figure out how to oput the pitside stainless brace on each side on. I have to hold up 4 parts at a time, and I can run then without them, but I don't like that idea.

Also, with the heavy tailgate section, that doesn't make it easier, But I will get it!

Thanks,

David

wda-83wing wrote:
glad to have been able to help some. wayne

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

wda can you repost that pic as a downloadable file, I tried to blow it up and it isn't clear. I have same bags as Knightrider1 but had to figure out the hard way,because my diagram wasn't very clear.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Roncar,

I tried to download the file, but I got this error

>>" http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=57557&forum_id=1&jump_to=578508 /albums/album311/saddlebagsheetzu6.jpg 403 403 Forbidden, go back! 208.61.179.85 <<"

My Left saddlebag is a little lower than the right side. I guess I will wait until I have the time to do it all again. It isn't difficult to put them on, because I found my spacers. What makes it difficult is having to jack up the trailor Hitch, all the time alighing the Seat Trim, 2 (Inside and Outside) rear Bates stainless steel braces, Fender, and making sure the spacer is correctly centered, then bolting them into the spacers. In fact, I guess if does have some difficulty with the trailor hitch.

Thanks,

Nightrider1

roncar wrote:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

Looking at it I don't think the resolution is much better anyway. Let me find the original, rescan it, and find somewhere else to host it.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

lav2ride---sent a e-mail . let me know if is clearer . wayne

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

roncar wrote:
Hey Ron , do you know ifbates had instructions for the 1100 ?? I tried to mount the ones i have from a 1000 onto the 1100 & nothing seams to line up (Bracket to shock hits air shock chrome cover) . Not sure if there king or standard but they do have the rectangular lites on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
imported post

confish86 wrote:
roncar wrote:
Hey Ron , do you know ifbates had instructions for the 1100 ?? I tried to mount the ones i have from a 1000 onto the 1100 & nothing seams to line up (Bracket to shock hits air shock chrome cover) . Not sure if there king or standard but they do have the rectangular lites on them.
I really know very little about Bates accessories. The instructions I have was folded in a service manual I got on ebay. Being the packrat, I couldn't just throw it away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.