Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys & Gals
Tater and I'm ready for spring so I'm starting early I have an 82 GL 1100I Goldwing and I'm in search of a battery they say the tread is going to an AGM type of battery instead of the acid style .
So my question is which one is better and where the best place to buy one with out sinking a boat load of money in it ?
Thanks Always Tater.
Always In The Wind!!!!:bow:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Battery purchase is a preference by the owner of the bike. If you want a good battery and you have a low budget buy a Walmart battery. I know people on here bash them, but i have always bought them with great success. Battery discussion is similar to what oil to use.

·
killer driller
781 Posts
I bought one tonight from auto zone used company discount,$46 i get about three years out of it.I've never bought anything but the acid filled so I have no opinion on that.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,399 Posts
I recently bought a battery from Chrome Battery; Carmel, Indiana.
The first one was bulged out like it was about to explode. I put it in the bike and on the second day it was leaking from around the negative terminal. Acid got on the muffler and damaged the chrome.
They sent a new battery, but it is bulged too, so I don't expect much more from it.

I'd say get something local and stick with a name brand. It will cost more money, but you'll have less to cry about.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
bad battery posts

$ for $ i'd vote for a walmart battery too especially if money is an option.
they do also sell AGM batteries which are better,stay away from those el cheapo batteries on ebay,one i bought lasted 2 months or less
an odyssey battery will cost you over a hundred but will outlast others 3X over,imho

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
1+ on agm battery. a little higher price but longer life, and hold charge better while sitting. Best of all no vent hose to drip acid on your bike and cause corrosion.
i also use the AGM battery in my 83. it`s been 4 years now. keep it pluged in to a battery tender works just as good as the first day i put it in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.