Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm storing by '99 SE in my unheated garage. Most days will be below freezing where I live this winter and a few below zero.

Stablizer added to a full tank, oil is good (recently changed), and it's on the center stand with the fullcover on it. What's the likelihood of damage/freezing the battery if I leave it in the Wing with my Battery Tender hooked up to it?

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

remove ur battery and take it inside ur house lets say on the laundry room or somewhere safe and warm.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
imported post

I leave the battery in my bike all winter and plug in the charger once a week for a few hours. A fully charged battery won't freeze.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

I take all my batteries inside, bike, genny, tractor and put them on plywood. Then i cycle the battery tender from one to the next all winter. Bit of a pain, but they last well for me doing this.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
imported post

You get a little more life from them if you bring them inside. The battery won't freeze if they are charged.

All these darn batteries today don't last a darn anyways. The OEM batteries seem to last when they come with the vehicle, but once you buy a replacement, they don't last anywhere as long. These little batteries, motorcycle, lawn tractor ect... only seem to last about 2 yrs. From my experimenting, I have seen the batteries last about 3 more months if you bring them inside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.