Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello. I've only had my 1998 1500SE a few weeks (first Wing I've owned). I stupidly left the ignition key in the number 1 position for 3 days and the battery went completely flat, literally nothing.

I plugged in an optimiser to charge but noticed that I could hear the radio tape motor running as it was charging on the bike even with the key out and the radio off. With the key back in and turned to the number 1 position the motor noise stopped.

I have now taken the battery right out the bike and charging it on the bench but wondered if anyone knows why this tape noise happened? It had all been running perfectly until I accidentally discharged the battery. Thanks a lot. John

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

The "low voltage" tape sound could have been from the battery not having enough behind it to fully actuate the motor in the radio to "stop" the tape player. Most newer radios are voltage sensitive that they will not fully work correctly until the operating voltage and amperage is reached.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks very much for that information. The battery is still on charge and hopefully all will be well tomorrow when I put it back. Cheers. John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.