Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

When I purchased my GL1100i last year I had a new battery installed. I recently had to replace that battery. One cell was dead and completely dry and another was only about half full.

I have experienced some electrical problems this past year with the rebuild including the bracket from my backrest dropping down and contacting the positive post of the battery while on a test ride.

:shock: :gunhead:

What is the normal life expectancy of these batteries? Is this an every season or two replacement or did it have more to do with the harsh treatment on this battery?

:?:?:?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

In my Opinion it was the Harsh Treatment, you can usually get 2 years with no problem in my experience, providing you purchase a Battery of reasonable Quality. The ones I purchase from Wal-Mart usuallly give me pretty good service.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

I have gotten two years out of the WalMart batteries. A better (higher priced) AGM battery will give 5 or 6 years of service if properly maintained. I keep a Battery Tender on it if I won't be riding every few days.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
imported post

I have consistently gotten 5-6 years on my Sears DieHard batteries. I do not use a battery tender.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Haven't replaced my 2.5 year old battery yet but keeping a watchful eye on it since I let it go nearly dead running the radio over a two day period. Stupid Stuff. :?

Take a look at what came across this weekend in WingWorld. Pretty crafty device.

http://www.wingorldmag.com

The Argus Analyzer is a battery monitor you leave hooked up. It monitors and indicates battery voltage and battery performance over time.

Check out the "Battery Bug" by Argus Analyzer.

If interested in a permanent mount, you might ask Battery Bug for the set up shownin the magazine showing the long leads that are required for motorcycle mounting. The web site did not show this, or I missed itif they did.

http://www.batterybug.com

If someonehas mounted one of these we all would like to see the report.

Hope this helps someone.

Longboater,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.