Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i got tired of my battery being low on amps,so i looked into my options and thought i was stuck with acid when the parts guy told me to get a harley battery,it's gel,and the difference in price was $10.needless to say i got the harley gel.it fits perfectly and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!my starter cranks now!!
for anyone looking or wondering,here is the harley davidson part # 66010-82b.
and it fits 80-96 flhs,flhr,flt,flht.

been a year now and i couldn't be happier with the gel battery performance.i'm not sure what the 1000 and 1200 use for a battery but it could likely be the same?

very low to no maintenance and no more acid stains on chrome exhaust from the vent tube.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

It's not Gel, it's AGM. Never use a Gel battery in a car or motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

sorry,i was misinformed,i was told it was gel:baffled:.

thanks for the correction,nothing worse than mixed up info to look stupid and i certainly don't need help in that department.:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,661 Posts
imported post

But it's nice to not have battery acid all over your bike regardless of what it's called :waving:

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

from 1000 to 1500 use the same battery, can you give the details on the battery you're running? im in the process of buying a battery, i had spoted a yuasa but i dont know.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

I just put an Odyssey battery in my 1100. Just about flipped the bike over when I cranked it up!:weightlifter::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

that and alot less maintenace.they hold a charge better and won't sulfate like lead/acid battery will.
i'm not a genious when it comes to batteries but the difference blew me away.they also are made to take vibration (h-d) better than standard battery.
i think that they might also be known as maintenance free?
but that could be another type?
i've seen and heard of people neglecting a new lead/acid battery and need to charge it after winter in heated storage and others with 2-3 year old harley batteries starting right up under the same conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.