Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone, and Season Greetings !

This is just a little off subject, but I also have a Goldwing and this is the only place I know to go for the most "excellent" guidance on motorcycle matters.

I need to replace the battery for a 2003 Shadow Spirit, 1100cc. I found a website that sells a Motocross (made by YUASA) battery, YTX14H, 260 CCA. The website is Batterystuff.com.

Is anyone familiar with either that battery or the website ? Any suggestions you can offer me would be appreciated. I don't need to buy from them, but I do need to purchase a replacement.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

dave95sps wrote:
Hello everyone, and Season Greetings !

This is just a little off subject, but I also have a Goldwing and this is the only place I know to go for the most "excellent" guidance on motorcycle matters.

I need to replace the battery for a 2003 Shadow Spirit, 1100cc. I found a website that sells a Motocross (made by YUASA) battery, YTX14H, 260 CCA. The website is Batterystuff.com.

Is anyone familiar with either that battery or the website ? Any suggestions you can offer me would be appreciated. I don't need to buy from them, but I do need to purchase a replacement.

Thanks,
Dave
Just like tires, always confirm the date of manufacture. If the battery doesn't have a code stamped into it, I'd pass.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

I have a 2001 Spirit 1100 as well. But just like my Goldwing, I wouldn't buy anthing but genuine YUASA batteries. Just my opinion and experience. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

According to BikeBandit.com, it's a Yuasa YTX-14BS.

They're $75 from Bikebandit.

Walmart has been a good source for me, as well.

The ones around me have a pretty thorough assortment of motorcycle batteries.

(Hint: Take your old one in with you - to save the $10 core charge.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.