Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think Miss Thang ( my wing's name) got jealous of Misty (My FJR) It was Miss Thangs turn to be ridden, but it was easier to get Misty out of the shed this morning and I was crunched for time. So I came back after doing what I had to do that morning, put Misty away and got Miss Thang out of the shed. BTW The shed is set up so I have to take the bikes down a ramp. I usually do this before starting them so I am not breathing fumes in the shed. When I get her out I turn on the key. The lights come on the radio comes on I hit start and NOTHING. So I am WTF.. BTW I am crunched for time again to meet the wife when she gets off of work. So I go grab the multi meter to confirm the switch is working etc etc. Then I get smart before I pull a bunch of panels. I check voltage at the battery maintainer 9.2 volts. Well there is my problem. I can't push her back in the shed, so I have to leave her out :-( So I get Misty back out do what I need to do and come home.

As soon as I get home I want to work on Miss Thang. BTW now it is dark. My wife knows how I am, she started getting my lights and moving the truck over near the bike. I hooked up the jumper cables to the truck battery ( truck not running BTW) I start Miss Thang up and put the multi meter on the battery 14.1 volts Woot Woot not a bad alternator. So I unhook the cables and pull her in the shed real quick so I do not stress the alternator too much. New battery is already coming Tues.

All this is to say, thanks to this forum I already knew where to go and what to look for (if I had enough battery voltage) that if I did not need parts I felt I could fix or bypass the issue within minutes.

·
Administrator
Xenforo vehicle detail line
59,244 Posts
Hoot!

I love it when a plan comes together!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.