Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a Honda Goldwing 1994 se. There is a hook up in front of the right saddlebag underneath for a battery tender. Thought I would post this to help anyone wondering if the is a hookup on their bike.

Attachments

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

That's a neat way of doing it. I have mine in the left trunk cubby pocket.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks englishted, it was on the bike when I bought it. I don't know if it was oem or an aftermarket hookup.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

aftermarket

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you newday777 for the update.

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

My bike had a plug like that coming of the battery. It was for the prev owners heated gear. I use it for my tender also.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

My 1500 had on of them that comes out under seat at front. Was wondering if it coould be used for heated gear. Did not get the charger with the bike but after buying a new charger I have anothere bike side hookup I can put on one of my other bikes
Wilf

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

Just installed one of those on my wing today......Now I do not have to take the side panel of to hook up the battery charger/tender.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

I had one sticking out the side. but moved it now it is inside the fuel door. Hid away so I don't see it til I need it.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

I was hesitent of putting my connection in the gas cap area...possible fumes combined with possible spark and it's good by motorcycle, hello Mr. insurance guy!

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

I have my connector for the Battery Tender run along the right side and coming up inside the right hand cubby pocket. Makes it nice to hook the charger to my bike because I have the Battery Tender sitting on a shelf along the right side of the bike when it is in the shop. Just open the right side pocket and plug it in. Nice!

·
Premium Member
1,947 Posts
imported post

Use a boat power plug & mounted to the cover over the Ex. pipe.
Has a screw on cover.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

My heated gloves have a plug like that and I have always set it up to come up through the gas fill opening.

When I got my battery tender, I just started plugging it in to the same connection. It's always worked great that way.

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
imported post

Mine is inside the right saddle bag, fed thru the rubber grommet where the compressor air line goes into the bag (underside front).
I keep it garaged so not being able to close the bag fully when charging is not an issue.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

On one of my wings, long time ago I installed a cigarette lighter style 12v recertacle inside my fairing pocket for accessory use. I wired it directly to the battery through a fused link. My other wing had one of these already installed.I put a Cigarette lighter plug on my battery tender. Now I can plug it into either wing.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
imported post

busdriver wrote:
Mine is inside the right saddle bag, fed thru the rubber grommet where the compressor air line goes into the bag (underside front).
I keep it garaged so not being able to close the bag fully when charging is not an issue.
I use this same set up.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I use my cigarette lighter socket with a male end on the tender. :waving:

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

busdriver wrote:
This is the exact set-up I used!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

My Battery Tender plug is tucked up inside the battery cover. I just reach up and pull it through the cover gap at the bottom and then hook up the tender to it. When done I just tuck it back up out of sight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.