Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got my wing back and from my mechanic but it keeps runing the battery down.He said its charging with 14 volts and that the new battery while new its prob defective.Here the situation.My honda dealer didnt have one so I got one at pep boys and they didnt have a cross reference so they gave me one and it was only 44 dollars half of the one I bought at my honda dealer tonight.Does that sound like a problem or should it charge once its started so that it should always start the bike even if its a lighter battery.Thanks

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
imported post

The battery should stay charged even if it's the wrong one. If it is the same size, fits the box, it's probably close enough. Does it discharge when running or is it going down overnight?

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
imported post

Then obviously there is a problem with the charging system. If you have a regular mechanic as you suggested and are not a do it your selfer have him check it again.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

You could do a simple check and make sure all the battery connections are clean and tight.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Good point. I meant that, but didn't say it.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

put a new battery on tonight and and all connections are good I am going to ride it all day tomorrow with a jumper pack in a saddlebag.Thanks for the answers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.