Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I know I can't recommend Vendors but I found the perfect battery for anything..I used a 535 in my truder. and will be using the 680 in my Wing. This battery will spin your bike over with a full 680 Amp for 5 Seconds.. that should be enough if not, it will spin for 10 seconds at 575 Amps.. I swore my starter was shot on the intruder or the compression release was not working.. NOT.. This is a Drycell battery you don't need that vent hose you now have blowing sulfuric acid on everything. Ok just read about it and you will be inpressed. One forinstance a bass fisherman I talked to had to replace his high dollar Diehards or what ever Deepcycle batteries every three year.. He installed a pair of these and said they have been in there for 9 years now.. and still perform better than the Others did New.. Ok here is the Site...Hot to Go

That is the 680 Site but the 680MJ is recommended for our wings.. the people say the MJ(metal Jacket) are not needed unless in high temp area's. The cost is also higher so I will try this one on the Link. If it works for BMW's it should work for me...

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

ive just ordered a few days ago the oddessey pc680 not with the metal jacket, it came highly recomended by a few goldwing owners including the members of this forum, man they are expensive, but they are worth it

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

I put the Odyssey 680MJ on last year, my friends on his third year and Vic Belanger has be riding with one for the past 5 years. They do have a 2 year warranty which is 4 times as long as any other wet or gel battery.
They mention an 8 year life.... we shall see and unlike a wet cell, the colder it is the longer they last. As long as they are not hooked up to the bike where it would be drained keeping the radio memory alive you dont need to charge them over the winter.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:
As long as they are not hooked up to the bike where it would be drained keeping the radio memory alive you dont need to charge them over the winter.
:?:?:? Whats that???

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:eek:h. I'm sorry for bantering!:shock::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Longer storage life
Unlike conventional batteries that require a recharge every six to twelve weeks, the ODYSSEY battery can
be stored for up to two years at 25ºC (77ºF) from a fully charged state. These batteries can be stored for two
years or when the open circuit voltage (OCV) drops to 12.00V, whichever comes first.

When my friend put one on his Interstate, He rolled his bike into his storage shed, pulled his radio, left the battery connected, come spring time he just rolled his bike out put the radio in and fired it up, it was never touched from November till April.
I was surprised to say the least.

Dont banter or I shall send you for sensitivity training with WEXY :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

I feel like this battery is gona cost me.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

All I did was to flatten the side lugs on the cables and used the allen screws that came with the battery.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I paid $117.00 at the local (2miles) Lakeland Batteries for the 635 PWC. I don't think it is expensive compaired to buying 3 cheap ones that could leave you stranded. I'm a poor man but I woulld go hungery next month to get one..

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Because they want you to use the 680MJ (Metal Jacket)
they are needed if the battery is used around exhaust heat the heat will make them swell and ruin them.. I don't believe we have that problem.. a Lot of Harleys use the plain ones without the jacket also..

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

I've used Die-Hards for 20+ yrs, along with a battery tender JR I get 4 + years. $50 ish for battery $25 for the tender.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Usually my battery's (Yuasa) have cost C$95 each and after the second year I would notice a lower cranking capability. It would get me through the 3rd year but then I wouldnt trust it after that.The Yuasa carries a 6 month gurantee, if the Odyssey carries a 2 year guarantee for power sports and a 5 year in an auto they must be fairly certain it is going to stand up to use for a fairly reasonable time. If I get double the life out of the Odyssey then I am ahead, It cost me C$146.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
imported post

I picked up a brochure at the Greenville bike show Sat. & it said the cables needed rerouting on a 1500. Anybody know what the deal is?

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

Hi 396FISH,

I have an Odyssey 680 battery in my 99 SE and I did not have to re-rout the cables at all but I did have to make a spacer to put in back of the battery. This was do to the battery being a little thinner so that it would not move around. I paid $128.00 (free shipping) last year. I got it from http://www.BatteryMart.com.

Hickey

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

Hi All,

Just checked http://www.batteryMart.com and here are the prices for Odyssey batteries

Pc680MJ $138.11 free shipping

Pc680 $121.49free shipping

Hickey

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
imported post

Good timing..my gel just died. I think I'll give this one a whirl.

Thanks for the info guys!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.