Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am thinking my scoot may need a new battery fairly soon. What are the options and what works best for the 1500. Stock alternator, only one set of driving lights and winter I use heated gloves on occasion. That's about it. Thanks in advance...

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Hi Bill. I still use a standard acid battery. I prefer the Interstae MegaTron. I am thinking of going to the AGM battery next time. I get 4 to 5 years on a std battery. So I am wondering if I can get 8 to 10 from the other. I figure that is about the break even mark.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
imported post

The battery that is used in the 1800's seems to hold up very well, if it'll fit the 1500.
It's a AGM type.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Hi Bill. I still use a standard acid battery. I prefer the Interstae MegaTron. I am thinking of going to the AGM battery next time. I get 4 to 5 years on a std battery. So I am wondering if I can get 8 to 10 from the other. I figure that is about the break even mark.

Hey GR2,

Is there a certain size I need to look for? I know my Yamaha had a xx14x number that was the correct case size to fit in the opening.

Thanks...

Bill

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

you will find that alot of bike batteries are the same physical size. What is important is the cold crank amps & what your wing requires for amprage. The gel type batteries are more reliable than the standard acid filled ones. they are also maintenance free. the price on the batteries will be different. the acid ones are cheaper but might not last as long.

Mine here in Canada cost around $100 for an acid type & $150 for gel.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

The dealer had something for 109, not sure if its MF or not, didnt look that close. Just curious about what to look out for in case the need arises. I noticed when I added my battery tender last fall, that one of the cells were a little low on water. Plus if it sits more than a week or so (not on tender) its REALLY slow to start, sometimes not at all.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Bill the Interstate MegaTron # Y50-N18L-A3
List prices is $80.95. If you have a Interstate battery center you should be able to get it for $68.95. Maybe less if you can get a wholesale deal. I replaced mine last year I think I gave $58 for mine.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

We have a Batteries Plus that I could have got one for my yamaha for like 60 bucks when the factory one was 115 and it had more cca's. Lotsa guys replaced with that one. I just wanted to see if something like that existed for the wings. I'll take that number over there and see what they have. I used to know one of the drivers for our local Interstate store. I dont think hes there anymore though. I'll check by there too. Thanks GR2 and others...

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.