Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Need a battery for my 1200, and notice they are all around $100 - - the Yuasa YTX24HL-BS seems like a good one, with 350cold-cranking amps - - -

Batterystuff.com has two versions of the same battery - - - one made in USA ($102), one "Scorpion" made in China ($74). Battery specs are identical.

Anyone have an opinion or experience with either one??

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Whichever battery you buy get the new glas mat or gel type battery , you will never go dry and it will hold a charge longer in case you do not ride for a while.I bought a DEKA at my honda shop slightly less than a hundred and its the best one I have bought so far. yuasa is good too.

If I was to choose of the two you mention go for the non chinese made .

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Spend around $120 and get an Odyssey PC680, you won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i'm just waiting for my new battery to turn up, i ordered the odyssey pc680, didnt go for the pc680mj as i dont think i needed it, i ordered it 5 weeks ago, i rang the shop to see where it was, they are shipping it in from somewhere so i have to wait, they where polite about it

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
imported post

You should have had a state side friend get it and ship it over :D

Priority mail would have been a tad bit expensive though :X

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i did that john, my brother lives in tennessee, shipping the battery was dearer than buying it, all good things comes to he who waits and patience is a virtue, i dont mind waiting, the battery is ok thats on it, but was on when i got the bike, so i dont know how old it is, my starter is now making a growling sound when i start up, it only does it for a second, i got the full rebuild kit, just hope i got the right one

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
imported post

is there any set time that i can expect that i will need to replace my battery ? i am not sure what kind i have, but i think that the last owner put it in when he got the old bike running again, so it may be about 2 years old?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

No way to tell, I've had cheap lead acid batteries last three years and one that lasted about six months. The Odyessy on my 1500 is nearing three years now and doesn't show any deterioration yet. A lot depends on how you use them. If you live where you can ride year 'round a battery will tend to last longer than one that's idle for several months.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

If you are going with a Odssey 680 or 680mj check out http://www.battreymart.com .

They have the 680 for around $120.00 with free shipping and the 680mj for around $138.00 with free shipping.

Hickey

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

I worked at the Yuasa battery plant in Pennsylvania years ago. I must say I was quite impressed with their level of quality control.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
imported post

Just put the pc680mj in my 1500 and have had no problems with starting since.

I make that statement because I was having problems before changing out the battery.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

i phoned the shop up yesterday to see where the battery was i ordered, they told they still havent received it you from their supplier, so i cancelled the order,

yesterday afternoon whilst searching ebay i came across one, i rang the shop and spoke a lass, it turns out to be a bmw dealer, so i ordered the battery £87 + £9 delivery, its the cheapest ive seen so far, also i received the battery this morning,how's that for service,

www.motorworks.co.uk

just though i'd give them a plug

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

The chinese batteries are pure dirt,we sell lots of chinese scooters and motorcyles and they come with a chinese Yuasa in them and we change them out for a normal yuasa ,The chinese ones will last if you are using the bike everyday ,But if you have to leave it and it goes dead then it bye bye battery,They are useless.. Ciaran

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.