·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,325 Posts
Very nice, but what are those odd lights on the handlebars? I don't see any on the rear so they don't seem to be turn signals.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Very nice, but what are those odd lights on the handlebars? I don't see any on the rear so they don't seem to be turn signals.
If I had to bet a cup of coffee I would wag that those function as both front AND rear turn signals.
Having never been within two states of one of these, that is just a guess.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,325 Posts
If I had to bet a cup of coffee I would wag that those function as both front AND rear turn signals.
Having never been within two states of one of these, that is just a guess.
Yeah, I hadn't noticed they had lenses on both sides. I'm still on dial-up and it takes like 2 minutes for a pic to load, so I skimmed over that, the first time in. The good news is, by 6 pm today, I should have cable internet installed and working.
I've never seen signals like that. I wonder if it was a factory option.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
bar end Hella signals, Albert headlight mirrors and chrome head light guard.

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
My uncle Pete had a Black R50 of the same period . I rode it quite a few times . I never did get used to the torque lean or the way it would raise up when stopping , but it was smooth and quiet . It was just such a different ride than the CL350 i was riding at the time .
Uncle Pete always wanted a GoldWing when it came out . His health didnt allow him to ever get that bike . I suppose he instilled the GoldWing dream in me . One day I hope to have my 75 restored which would have been the model he wanted .

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Great looking machine! I like the looks of the old BMWs more than the modern ones and that one is just plain gorgeous

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Very nice classic!!
Aret hose car tires?
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

JK

·
Registered
9 Posts
Coming from my previous site...HD Forums.....I guess I was a little let down by the pic..... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.