Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
imported post

avnsteve wrote:
I'll bet everyone on this forum is a better driver in their car or truck as a result of their motorcycle experience. Would anyone disagree?
Amen again. :weightlifter:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
avnsteve wrote:
I'll bet everyone on this forum is a better driver in their car or truck as a result of their motorcycle experience. Would anyone disagree?
Amen again. :weightlifter:
As long as you don't try to drive your car like a motorcycle!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
imported post

Don't move to Las Vegas that will change quick, it's "demolition derby" here ! Also known as "Bumper Cars" !

Drove and rode in Chicago and L.A. for years with out an accident, moved to Vegas and people are slamming into me all the time?!!

Now i'm an hour away from Vegas and try to never go there!:baffled::gunhead:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Got a chance to prove the value of air horns again this afternoon, not a real close call but had a guy start to pull out in front of me on the way home. A blast of air horn really got his attention. He stalled his car!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

I'm looking for "Air Horns" that shoot little "Cannon Balls" out ?!:thumpingmad:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

I believe it is the blissful ignorance that is developed by the false sense of safety that cage drivers have! It is my personal opinion that EVERYONE should be required to ride a motorcycle for some duration to know what it's about. The sense of vulnerability is only lesser to the sheer joy of riding. A cage driver thinks they are safe just because they have all that car around them. It causes them to take greater risks, and become complacent. I'll bet everyone on this forum is a better driver in their car or truck as a result of their motorcycle experience. Would anyone disagree?

AMEN,

They should also have to do three year hitches in the Armed Forces as well!

Teach-em some manners as well as common sense!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:

Nah, two years was enough for me!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:

Hey Harrystoy :whip: Is San Quinten still taking prisoners. :whip:I propose they all do some time there as well. :whip:

:bash: :18red: :bash:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Harrystoy wrote:

Hey Harrystoy :whip: Is San Quinten still taking prisoners. :whip:I propose they all do some time there as well. :whip:
:thumpingmad:public flogging! Indentured servitude! Keelhauling! Drawn and Quartering:whip:! Damned effete modern times!:whip:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:

:thumpingmad:public flogging! Indentured servitude! Keelhauling! Drawn and Quartering:whip:! Damned effete modern times!:whip:
My god what does all that mean. :stumped:Has it something to do with dentures in modern times. :stumped:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:

My god what does all that mean. :stumped:Has it something to do with dentures in modern times. :stumped:
It means too many scofflaws are on the road!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
imported post

Holy Moly !!!!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Holy Moly !!!!
Yeah that's the stuff you put on the rear drive splines!

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:

I could not agree more, Teach them what their parents can't or won't.

CHRIST! I really am turning into my father.:shock:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Bigeesteve wrote:
Harrystoy wrote:

I could not agree more, Teach them what their parents can't or won't.

CHRIST! I really am turning into my father.:shock:
I know, it's a hell of a shock isn't it! I swore I wouldn't butI did. Turn into my father, not yours, that is.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
imported post

Funny how them "gene" things work,huh ?!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
imported post

Hello, Exavid

The drivers here are aggressive and selfish. Absolutely no concern for the other guy. We have to wait 3 seconds on green to let the Red light runners clear. I see no evidence of any kind of driver training, almost no use of turn signals and no brake lights after they stop. It is warm (95F)so most people have their windows up and a/c on.

The biggest threat is mommies in their SUVs with 3 kids screaming in her right ear and a cell phone plugging the left ear. No attention left for driving, just desparation to get somewhere ASAP and get out of the box.

I had wanted driving lights to form a distinctive pattern, but I'm afraid to put 35W lights on my GL1200. I've never seen a headlight modulator here and I'm concerned a driver might pull off thinking I'm an emergency vehicle, then getting pissed andchasing meto harass me. NM has legal open carry so you can have a loaded handgun in your car if it is visible; they also have a terrible drunk driver problem. Being shot or run down by an aggressive drunk isn't very appealing to me.

So, I finally come to Air Horns as giving some help. Could you share the brand you bought and how you mounted them?

Thanks, Bob Rust Albuquerque :cool:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

rustybob11 wrote:
Hello, Exavid

So, I finally come to Air Horns as giving some help. Could you share the brand you bought and how you mounted them?

Thanks, Bob Rust Albuquerque :cool:
Bob,

I don't remember what brand they are, but they are mounted on the right side tucked up under the saddlebag. The mounting bracket is bolted on with the bolt that holds the muffler up. There are a couple of clamp on horn protectors on the front of the horns to keep the big stuff out. The compressor is mounted in the right bag. There are two wires run from the compressor forward to the regular horn on the right side. The right side horn is disconnected and the wires connected to the two wires from the bike switch that previously went to the right horn. If you press the button for a real short one, the left horn sounds, if you hold it done for more than 1/2 second or so then the airhorns go off. You can find similar horns at most any auto parts store.

Attachments

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Here are the horns, kinda hard to see against the muffler.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.