Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Vendor
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great way to safely and securely keep your vital records with you, just in case something happens on the road.

Also, check out our Unboxing & How To video:

·
Administrator
57,468 Posts
The problem with those gadgets is that 1st responders don't have anything to plug a USB thumb-drive into.

If it is not written in plain English, it just isn't going to get used.
And that holds true for the hospital ER departments.

Been there, done that, they are NOT interested, nor will they take the time to figure a way to use that info.

Every one of the medical folks I have talked to, tell me that the info they would see there is NOT in the exact format that their trained eyes are looking for... and they don't have the time to mess with trying to decode stuff.

Now for Forensic research, yes, valuable...

For my wife, who is diabetic and on a lot of fancy meds, what I do is print out a sheet of paper 8.5x11 with everything in the exact format that our 1st responders are looking for. Now that gets used, and the ER department will attach that to your file.... and IF you last long enough to sent upstairs, the doctor assigned to you will read all of the file as he tries to figure out what is wrong with you.... a couple of doctors have told me they got good Medical History on my wife that way.

·
Vendor
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem with those gadgets is that 1st responders don't have anything to plug a USB thumb-drive into.

If it is not written in plain English, it just isn't going to get used.
And that holds true for the hospital ER departments.

Been there, done that, they are NOT interested, nor will they take the time to figure a way to use that info.

Every one of the medical folks I have talked to, tell me that the info they would see there is NOT in the exact format that their trained eyes are looking for... and they don't have the time to mess with trying to decode stuff.

Now for Forensic research, yes, valuable...

For my wife, who is diabetic and on a lot of fancy meds, what I do is print out a sheet of paper 8.5x11 with everything in the exact format that our 1st responders are looking for. Now that gets used, and the ER department will attach that to your file.... and IF you last long enough to sent upstairs, the doctor assigned to you will read all of the file as he tries to figure out what is wrong with you.... a couple of doctors have told me they got good Medical History on my wife that way.
Thanks for the info/your thoughts and great idea doing that for your wife.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.