Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

But things are made better by a good motel, managed by a friendly owner who gives you old towels to work on the machine with, and two good eating establishments within 100 yards. Not to mention a NAPA Automotive supply four blocks away which has the exact bearings to fit your 1979 Honda. Plus the coolest wife in the world. Just a bump in the road. One of several.

We could have taken the car. If we had, I wouldn't be sitting here remembering it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

looks like you have things well in hand. along with a big bunch of understaning people there.
how OLD were the bearings ???

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

well said... seems like you are going to have an exciting story to tell all your friends.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

WDA that't the crazy part. That little town was Gunnison Co. When we rode in I could clearly hear a click, click,click.. from what seemed to be the rear bearing. I stopped at the only motorcycle dealer in town, (KTM)and he listened to it as well and he aggreed with me in that it was a bad bearing. It would only make the noise while riding, not on the center stand. The motel was on the other side of town from the dealer so I checked in and tore the bike down. I removed the bearings and popped off the shields. Nothing wrong with either of them! Although before tearing it down it looked like a clear case of bearing failure, further investigation revealed nothing was wrong with either of them. I replaced them both anyway and I never heard the sound again.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Or 807 miles from home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.