Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

CODY, Wyo. — The gateway communities to the Beartooth Highway in Montana and Wyoming are making plans to celebrate the route’s 75th anniversary this June....

...The Beartooth Highway opened in 1936. It runs 68 miles between Red Lodge and Cooke City. Considered the highest-elevation highway in the Northern Rockies, it offers splendid views of the greater Yellowstone landscape as it reaches 10,974 feet at Wyoming’s Beartooth Pass...
Article

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/wyoming/article_ad6d85b3-1f11-5309-bb1e-4004eff3b769.html

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Don't be surprised to see "Toll Booths" popping up :whip:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

45/70fan wrote:
CODY, Wyo. — The gateway communities to the Beartooth Highway in Montana and Wyoming are making plans to celebrate the route’s 75th anniversary this June....

...The Beartooth Highway opened in 1936. It runs 68 miles between Red Lodge and Cooke City. Considered the highest-elevation highway in the Northern Rockies, it offers splendid views of the greater Yellowstone landscape as it reaches 10,974 feet at Wyoming’s Beartooth Pass...

Sounds great ... I hope they get the funding to improve the road!

For those of you who haven't had the joy of riding the Beartooth Highway, it's one of the greatest motorcycling highways in North America!

Trail Ridge road, that runs from Grand lake, CO, to Estes Park, Co is a higher elevation highway, topping out at over 12,000 feet and rides along/over the crest of the Rockies for many miles, through Colorado'sRocky Mountain National Park, although not as scenic/twisty as the Cheif Joseph or the Beartooth Highway in MT/WY

Winger77 and I will be riding the Chief Joseph/Beartoothhighway(as well as the Medicine Wheel Passage)again this year, on our way back from NASSIR 4.Can't wait to ride it again! :coollep:

Dusty

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Oh yeah!!! Can't wait to breath in that crisp moutain air once again. Got my blood pumping just thinking about it :dance::action:.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

Well then my timing is perfect.
Planning on being there middle of June.

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

I wouldn't be suprised if they celebrate by tearing up a couple of huge sections of the road and turning them into mudholes.
I think that it would be a great road IF they either just fixed it or left it alone.
Construction there sucks!

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

It is the most beautiful area I have ever seen. To 75 years more!!:blackstuff:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.