Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

POWELL, Wyo. (AP) — Members of the American Motorcyclist Association have voted the Beartooth Highway as their favorite stretch of road in the U.S.

The winding, mountain highway climbs nearly 6,000 feet between Red Lodge, and Cooke City. Part of the route dips into Wyoming just east of Yellowstone National Park.

Riders who wrote to the magazine said they enjoyed the route’s curves and mountain scenery.

The Powell Tribune reports that association members voted for their favorite roads through the association’s website. The Beartooth beat out nearly 100 other roadways.
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20110330/NEWS01/110330006/Bikers-vote-Beartooth-their-favorite-highway?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Red and I go over the Beartooth prit' near every year!

One of my favorite places on earth.....

Attachments

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

The most beautiful area I have ever visited on my Wing!!!:byebye:

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Red and I go over the Beartooth prit' near every year!

One of my favorite places on earth.....
Lawd have mercy... I have GOT to see THAT!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

If all goes as so far planned, will be there in June. One of my bucket-list sites for sure.
Reservations already made on both ends.
Pictures I've seem look awesome.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Be prepared to be blown away andfor a fair bit of snow at the pass in June. ;)

If you can, I suggest you combine the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway, out of Cody, WY, which connects to the western end of the Beartooth. Then thereare the Bighorns, Yellowstone NP, the Grand Tetons NP, all within a days ride. :dance:

You just can't go wrong in that area. You need a solid 5 days in the Cody area, to see the 'Highlights'(Grand Tetons/Yellowstone/Bighorns/Cheif Joseph Scenic Byway/Beartooth Pass)

Cheif Joseph Scenic Byway. Dead Indian Pass ......

Beartooth Pass .....

Western edge of the Bighorns, along the Medicine Wheel Passage Hwy 14A .....

For more images of the Bighorns/Chief Joseph Scenic Byway/Beartooth Pass, click .... HERE

Dusty

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

Yep, the roads out that way are great to travel on. Be careful, as someone else said for snow at the top. We were there in July and it was very cool at the summitt.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

Yea thanks alot...posting pictures like that when all I can do is sit and work and dream about going back. We also rode that Chief Joseph Highway. When we finished I was like hey I dropped a penny back there...lets go back and get it. It was June or July and we stopped at the top and had a snow ball fight. I pulled a muscle getting off the bike under fire. Dang.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

And those pixs DB posted are one reason I'm going.
Great shots.
I'll keep an eye out for snow too, thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.