Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was warned and didn't listen(Randall). You know that little piece that connects the two butterfly shafts between the carbs..well its' gone. I read the warning on Randakk's site..but it looked so stuck in place I left it on while I had the carbs apart and I was working on the carbs and now it's gone. I will spend today tearing apart my workbench and the garage in general. But I am sure I won't find it..probably sucked up by the shop vac days ago...

Listen to Randall..he's a wise man!!!

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

RB wrote:
probably sucked up by the shop vac days ago...
That is the first place I would look.:baffled:

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Take the stuff in the shop vac & water it down on an old window screen. If it's there, you will see it. I know your frustration, I think we have all been there!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Pray that it's not the dreaded "BLACK HOLE!!" :baffled:

We all have them around the house and the shop. Things disappear only to show up at another time when you have already forgotten and replaced them.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

that's a bummer...... too bad you didn't have a 1500. i just happen to have an extra set of carbs.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Well, I have a replace on the way..thanks to Randakk and I found a carb spring I lost last year!!! I suppose next year I'll find the connector piece...;)

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

Heh...reminds me of the time when I was working for a living back in the 70s! I was working on a hand drill that had a sticking switch so I took it apart on my work table.:gunhead:

There was this tiny spring that shot out of there like a bullet!:shock: I told myself that I would never ever find that little spring but low and behold....I walked around to the other end of the 8' table and there on top of a box on the floor......lay the spring!

Talk about being lucky! But I do have a black hole here at home where stuff goes.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

I once put air to the fuel inlet port of a Tecumsey small engine carb(the carb was already dismantled) That tiny needle seat ricoched off three walls and finally came to rest at my feet. No matter, I was changing the needle and seat anyway. But if I would have wanted it, it would have found the black hole.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
imported post

The black holes where things end up are nothing more than aliens examining artifacts from afar. They suck them up through tiny wormholes and then try to replace them before you notice they are gone. Occasionally, due to the large distances involved they screw up the return coordinates and whatever it is that you are missing ends up in the wrong spot. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

Don't forget to check your socks - You know, the missing ones...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Shoulda posted here first about your need, I've got a couple that would have cost the postage only. I have a few 1100 carb parts in the junk box. Not complete carbs because I've given away several pieces, but anyone needs the odd piece I'm always willing to dig through my junk for you.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thanks for the offer. Who knows I may be coming back soon..if I don't loose it I'll break it...:) :)

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Shoulda posted here first about your need, I've got a couple that would have cost the postage only. I have a few 1100 carb parts in the junk box. Not complete carbs because I've given away several pieces, but anyone needs the odd piece I'm always willing to dig through my junk for you.
How are you fixed for workshop space in your new digs???

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

You'll find that part just after the replacement part arrives.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Alas too true, I have a brand new 1100 clutch cable because the first one I ordered disappeared in my shop until it's replacement arrived at which point it reappeared.:cheeky1:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.