Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:? This place is also known as Competition Accessories in Springfield,OH. Bought some parts and they were not the right ones. Took them back, never opened the packages, and with my invoice. I've never had a problem ever with this place before but it has been 4 years since I had been back. This is what they told me. "These aren't the same packages we sold you" Boy was I puzzled:( . I had finally got them to believe me that these were the same ones when the guy at the counter says "Oh these were discounted and we can't give you any credit or money back":shock: . I was totally blown away and walked out mad, but
I look at this a little different now. The packages I would say have some smoke damage to them, this place has had 2 fires in the last 10 years. There is nothing on my invoice to state they were discounted and I didn't ask for a discount.
I will not do business with this place ever again and to bad I have to drive farther but good service can be had at other places.
I hope the insurance companies catch up to this place. I'm sure they already got paid for this stuff.
Now they are out to get you and me. So take notice of this warning.
Their prices were always higher but it was close to home :X

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

If the invoice or the packaging has nothing on them indicating being discounted then I'd march right back in there and demand to see the manager or owner and inform him that if he didn't make things right I'd be contacting his insurance company that paid him 2 different times for "smoked damaged inventory" and let them know he was re-selling the same inventory for full price. Sounds like some insurance fraud going on there.

do it on a crowded day with customers and talk louder the longer it takes.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
do it on a crowded day with customers and talk louder the longer it takes.
That's one of my best tactics when up against snotty, or obstinate sales help...Start to make sure that everyone in the showroom understands the company's policies. :cheeky1:

I once had a manager in a Best Buy ask me to leave the store when I began employing this tactic, I told him I'd leave just as soon as he refunded my money. He threatened to call the police, and I invited him to do just that because I wanted to report a 3rd degree theft.

It was amazing how fast, at that point, he decided the best way to get me gone and salvage a few other customers was to just refund my money and be done with it. :shock:

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

I'd be interested in the vendor's comments before making a judgement.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

This is probably the best way to get my money's worth, warn others to stay away from this place. My buddy has an older GL and these parts will work for him, Merry Christmas, Bobby.
When sales start to good down and they will find out that their parts mgr needs to be replaced.
Next time I will pay with a credit card, No wait, there will be NO next time for this place. Hurt them in the pocket and the problem will probably go away for a long time.
Just be careful who knows what other names this place may go by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.