Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I definitely had a bee in my bonnet today. Cruising down the road minding my own business a wasp decided to hari kari in my helmet. Unfortunately it apparently had a soft landing because I could feel and hear it buzzing around my ear. Nowhere handy to pull off so I yanked that side of my helmet away enough for the wind to flush the thing out and he flew out and away. I didn't get a real sting just a minor stab but I forgot I had my hearing aids in under my helmet. After pulling the helmet and padding away from my ear I was afraid that a $1500 doodad was gone. I didn't stop to check until I got home, the chances of finding that thing were slim to nil especially since I don't remember exactly where I was when it happened. Lucky for me the expensive thing was still in place. One of the other guys I ride with got hit the same way two days ago, seems like the wasps are going after bike riders.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
One of the reasons that I wear a full face flip up helmet, the only time you can have a problem is when I lift it up for extra ventilation at the stop lights.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What?!? No bugs in your teeth? Sounds kinds wimpy mate!

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
That's one of the reasons I like to look through the windshield rather than well over it. This may not guarantee no bees in the bucket...but helps some.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seeing it's only happened twice in 55 years I'll take the risk.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I ride with a full-face, and (used to) just crack the shield open a little for venting on warm days. What are the odds? Well, honeybees don't gamble and are bad at statistics, so they aren't thinking that when they end up inside the helmet.

Fortunately, my sunglasses had a little spot of rubber that captured the honeybee's one-use stinger.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
It's not just bikers on the road. I woke up the other day and there was a bee right on my eye! Thank God it was a boobee! ;-)

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:Did an admin really just post that???:raspberry::raspberry:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
That's a bummer but I'm glad he didn't get you worse and that you didn't lose the expensive earpiece!

When did D-Rod become an Admin and how the heck did I miss that?

John

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Drod is an a d m I n I n I s t r a to r. There's a difference.

Somebody by the name of Greg got a swelled up eye from a bee a few years ago...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.