Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to say hello from Yacolt WA. Have not been able to log in for quite some time. Probably since nassir in SC. My daughter and I had a good time. Spent the weekend hunting quite pipes for the bike with not much luck so we didn't make it back. Found pipes weds after all was over :frown2:. Have missed the forums. Bobalou

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,307 Posts
Just want to say hello from Yacolt WA. Have not been able to log in for quite some time. Probably since nassir in SC. My daughter and I had a good time. Spent the weekend hunting quite pipes for the bike with not much luck so we didn't make it back. Found pipes weds after all was over :frown2:. Have missed the forums. Bobalou

so sorry so many of our good people have been unable to get logged back into the forum.

there was a big mistake made when the new owner bought the forum, they just decided that everyone needs to have a new password....

so, they just deleted all passwords!!
uh, guess what?? a huge number of people no longer had the same email address, therefore, they had no way to receive a "forgotten password" message.

this was a huge battle, and I finally had my phone number placed in the login scripts... I did not hear from you, so wonder how you finally did manage to get back on?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
there was a big mistake made when the new owner bought the forum, they just decided that everyone needs to have a new password....

It's amazing how our memory of events varies.

As I remember it their server got hacked years after they acquired the site and by law they had to reset user passwords.

How they handled the resetting was done without thinking and once done couldn't be undone.:surprise:

·
Administrator
25,783 Posts
How they handled the resetting was done without thinking and once done couldn't be undone.:surprise:

They still do a lot of things without thinking.

Reactions: Ken Bergen

·
Premium Member
12,753 Posts
Hello back at ya . Welcome back . Glad to have you back in the community. I hope all is well . Visit often and enjoy the rides.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,307 Posts
My memory is always perfect, except when it isn't :(

I do know, that the method they chose to make password changes was so stupid, that it was incredible the damage they did in one fell swoop.

what I do remember, is the hack occurred 3 years before they decided to so something.....

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
what I do remember, is the hack occurred 3 years before they decided to so something.....
Which was the correct thing to do as the hack only affected them not us users.

When Governments get involved nothing good ever happens.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so sorry so many of our good people have been unable to get logged back into the forum.

uh, guess what?? a huge number of people no longer had the same email address, therefore, they had no way to receive a "forgotten password" message.

this was a huge battle, and I finally had my phone number placed in the login scripts... I did not hear from you, so wonder how you finally did manage to get back on?
I found a post you put up. telling us to go and delete all prior cookies and passwords. That enabled me to actually get to password reset page and here I am.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts