Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have found prog springs which I am chewing my nails off to get(don't really have the bank but Ireally want to upgrade the suspension ) I am finding the seals a bit harder and I think I have seen OEM only recomennded. So The Q OEM only ? or do the others really hold up as well? Have not found the rear shock seals are these only OEM???

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

pretty much the rears are oem only since they are not ones that are interchangeable to the aftermarket,another reason probably no one did so is that rear seals seldom go bad like the front ones do and hence the cost to produce them and market them would take longer to recoup a profit,simple economics
only had one occasion to try aftermarket front seals and 1000 miles later they started leaking again,hence oem now and 15K later no problems,sometimes it just doesn;t pay to save pennies which later turn into rework and expense when one time cost of oem was nearly the same

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Progressive used to build a rebuild kit for the rears but doesn't appear on their list anymore for the 1100's.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/prodSearchResults.aspx?yearID=1982&makeID=40&modelID=827

Progressive does not advertise the 1107 rear spring rebuild and even a 3 year veteran customer service rep. on the phone didn't know it existed. but I asked him to google "Prpgressive 1107" and he was stunned. he looked it up on a secret computer and found it. He said he would bring that up at the next board of directors meeting?

Maybe if everybody phoned them and asked the same thing, things would change. What say you??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.