Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Saw this recipe for "Beer Butt Chicken" !

Thought , wow, the next time you have the "Wing" gang over for a BarBque you could impress them with it !

You mix garlic,salt, paprika and pepper in a skillet with a 1/2 cup of butter!

Then heat up the outdoor grill on low heat!

Take a can of Beer drink 1/2 and take the half full can of Beer and stick it in the "Chickens Butt" (Cavity) and place the can and Chicken on a disposable cooking pan and baste the chicken with the melted butter and herbs! Cook on low heat for at least 3 hours! Bingo... "Beer Butt Chicken"!

Hope this didn't get "SilverFox excited, LOL !:goofygrin:

I'm sure "Helen of Croy" and"Rodent" can't wait to try this one!:baffled::goofygrin::clapper:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Right Wingdawg, we have the BBQ flashed up, the paprika and other gear is mixed up nice, I have drunk half the beer, but Helen of Croy, wants to know how to stop the darn chicken from running around the garden long enough to shove the can up it's a**e!!!:baffled:

I have now drunk 5 of the beeeers, and culd yew remind me who's a**e vis can has got too b insherted up?:baffled:and y ish there a chiken up the apple tree shakin like a leef:baffled:

"Darling, wot r u gonna do wiv that paprika?".......... "WOT!!! I dont fink so!!!"

Peteee

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

HA! You just made my day!!!:clapper:

I can see the Chicken in the tree now!:clapper:

And Helen chasing them around the garden with a can of beer,LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::toast::blackstuff::banana:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Right Wingdawg, we have the BBQ flashed up, the paprika and other gear is mixed up nice, I have drunk half the beer, but Helen of Croy, wants to know how to stop the darn chicken from running around the garden long enough to shove the can up it's a**e!!!:baffled:

I have now drunk 5 of the beeeers, and culd yew remind me who's a**e vis can has got too b insherted up?:baffled:and y ish there a chiken up the apple tree shakin like a leef:baffled:

"Darling, wot r u gonna do wiv that paprika?".......... "WOT!!! I dont fink so!!!"

Peteee
This sounds like a great daytime soap opera for sure!! :jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I find that if you get the chicken drunk first, than it is easier to chase it down to shove that beer can up it's butt.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
I find that if you get the chicken drunk first, than it is easier to chase it down to shove that beer can up it's butt.:D
It would be easier on the chicken if you used a long neck bottle!:cheeky1:

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
GLester wrote:
It would be easier on the chicken if you used a long neck bottle!:cheeky1:
Yes, then you could put a pancake on it's head and have beer butt chicken on a long neck with pancakes.:D

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Glester, that did it , you made me hungry now!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Glester, I worry about you "Texans" turning the Chicken up and drinking the beer through his neck, lol!:baffled:

That doesn't qualify as a "Long Neck Beer"!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Have never done the cooking, but have sampled a friends BBQ talants several times. And believe me when I tell ya', this Beer Can Chicken has got to be tasted to be believed...... :clapper: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

Sunday morning bright and early (0500) I started a fire with some oak and cooked a huge brisket (low and slow/ 10 hours at 200 F.) and had the kids and grandkid over. All we did was rub the brisket with BBQ spices and wrap with cling wrap the night before. Then when the heat got up to 200 I unwrapped the brisket and set it in the cooker fat-side up. Didn't touch it (no turning, no testing, no poking) for ten hours then checked to make sure internal temp was 165. Removed it and wrapped in foil for 30 minutes, then sliced thin and ate until I was sick. Great for sandwiches.

The cooker I use is about the size of a 55 gal. drum on legs. Indirect heat; the firebox is on the end. Kind of looks like a long-legged pig with a smokestack.

Speaking of pigs, next time I'm going to cook a shoulder...

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

My problem is that I don't think I could ever stop drinking the beer and would never get the 1/2 can needed to stick up the chicken's arse. :grinner: :goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
My problem is that I don't think I could ever stop drinking the beer and would never get the 1/2 can needed to stick up the chicken's arse. :grinner: :goofygrin:
You should have a PM from me that needs replying to mate. ( sorry, unrelated to thread, but you are likely to look at this first!!):goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Ruaidh wrote:
Sunday morning bright and early (0500) I started a fire with some oak and cooked a huge brisket (low and slow/ 10 hours at 200 F.) and had the kids and grandkid over. All we did was rub the brisket with BBQ spices and wrap with cling wrap the night before. Then when the heat got up to 200 I unwrapped the brisket and set it in the cooker fat-side up. Didn't touch it (no turning, no testing, no poking) for ten hours then checked to make sure internal temp was 165. Removed it and wrapped in foil for 30 minutes, then sliced thin and ate until I was sick. Great for sandwiches.

The cooker I use is about the size of a 55 gal. drum on legs. Indirect heat; the firebox is on the end. Kind of looks like a long-legged pig with a smokestack.

Speaking of pigs, next time I'm going to cook a shoulder...

Ruaidh
This reminds me of a show I saw on TV years ago describing how you could wrap up your roast, chicken,potatoes and other items in foil and place on you car motor and cook as you drive!! Why not put the Beer Butt chicken on your wing motor and cook as you ride!! :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1::cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Stretrod48, that would make the cover of "Motorcyclist Mag" , "A Beer Butt Chicken Cooking Wing" !!! :clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Stretrod48, that would make the cover of "Motorcyclist Mag" , "A Beer Butt Chicken Cooking Wing" !!! :clapper:
WOW----I might become famous!!!!!! :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

stretrod48 wrote:
This reminds me of a show I saw on TV years ago describing how you could wrap up your roast, chicken,potatoes and other items in foil and place on you car motor and cook as you drive!! Why not put the Beer Butt chicken on your wing motor and cook as you ride!! :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1::cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:
My father worked for the state wildlife offices here and he was in the habit of setting a can of beans on the engine while he drove the hills then had a warm lunch. He told me that you only forget and let them get hot enough to burst the can once.

Ruaidh

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.