Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I've had my bike for a year and it's been a somewhat difficult restoration process but here she is.

The bike was in good shape mechanically, but it sat out in the hot Texas sun for years and the paint was a mess. Everything plastic was dry rotted and the seat was crusty and gross.

I changed the color as I just couldn't warm up to the 80's gold scheme. I painted it with an acrylic urethane with 4 high gloss clear coats with wet sanding and a lot of buffing and polishing. It is a custom mixed antique white and butter creme.

There is still a lot to be done, but at least the hard parts are done now.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Very nice. I have always thought that white looks good on a wing.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

She's a doll baby.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

you did a great job...

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

Very nicely done!

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

Very nice looking ride like the color. Have a 87 that looks alot like what you started with. Very good job.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

That looks SHARP!!! Good work!!!:claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Thanks for all the nice compliments folks! I rode about 300 trouble free miles this weekend. It's good to be back out on the road again.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

It's kinda funny but I remember thinking when I was driving home that first night after buying the bike. I was excited about getting the bike, but I somehow felt that I was driving a beat up eighties sedan with a sagging headliner, windows that would not roll up, and wet moldy carpet from leaking weatherstripping. :ROFL: Man have I been in that place before....I bet some of you know exactly what I am talking about too!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.