Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Saw on a "Valkyrie web site" and custon gas tank for "Valks" that fits under the bike between the motor and back wheel, only 1 inch lower than the motor 3 1/2 gals!

Guy said he has it and it's great! First uses your gas from regular tank than the "Belly tank" !

Be great if they had something like that for wings!

I've seen the square metal boxes that fit on the passenger seat but this ones is tucked away and out of site!

( rmworksinc.com ) Belly Tank:clapper:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

I knew people who used to have tanks in their sidecars.... I just cannot sit that long... maybe it is that old man thing or something... no, couldn't sit that long when I was young either

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yea on a Valk it puts at about 260 mile?

I can do that and I'm old but that's my limit!:goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'd sure want a solid skid plate on a tank like that, could be a disaster in an accident.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

I'd hate to think what would happen if you hit some road trash or something metalic fell off a truck and you ran over it and it punctured that tank, could be a hot time in the old town tonight!;)

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

That would be a burning sensation "Preperation H" couldn't put out.:crying:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

It's up there with the exhaust etc!

If you hit something in the road that could take that tank out your biggest problem would be where your going to land not the tank!:goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
It's up there with the exhaust etc!

If you hit something in the road that could take that tank out your biggest problem would be where your going to land not the tank!:goofygrin:
Picture this wingdawg, you lose it in a curve, slide out and end up with the bike colliding with a sign post right in the middle of the tank, of course you are sliding right after the bike just as the tank ruptures and sprays a couple gallons of gasoline in the air. Flambe rider! The Goldwing probably has one of the safest tank locations going. I had a bolt from a semi punch a hole in the fender of my old Crown Vic just aft of the front wheel and just above the rocker. This from a truck going the same direction as I was. You don't need to hit something, there's always something out there looking for you.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

I was just looking at the Yahoo Goldwing group and unser the links I found a site that has an extra gas tank for the GL1800 its: http://www.eztank2.com. The only problem is he puts that tank on the rear seat!:shock: I geuss if your a iron butt it will work. Just went browsing on his sight and he's go a link for feul cells for a lot of different bikes, but all of them are in the open!:shock:

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Saw on a "Valkyrie web site" and custon gas tank for "Valks" that fits under the bike between the motor and back wheel, only 1 inch lower than the motor 3 1/2 gals!

Guy said he has it and it's great! First uses your gas from regular tank than the "Belly tank" !

Be great if they had something like that for wings!

I've seen the square metal boxes that fit on the passenger seat but this ones is tucked away and out of site!

( rmworksinc.com ) Belly Tank:clapper:
Sorry wingdawg101 about my last post, sometimes I browse through messages and don't read ALL of it, you already mentioned the tanks on the seat! Anyway if someone wants one! He's got some other neat stuff for the 1800's.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

tpwood wrote:
I was just looking at the Yahoo Goldwing group and unser the links I found a site that has an extra gas tank for the GL1800 its: http://www.eztank2.com. The only problem is he puts that tank on the rear seat!:shock: I geuss if your a iron butt it will work. Just went browsing on his sight and he's go a link for feul cells for a lot of different bikes, but all of them are in the open!:shock:
I checked out his site too. Seems crazy to have a tank where a passenger might want to ride. What if your cruzing the town and a pretty young lass needs a lift? Where is she going to ride? What if your a smoker and your cig flies out your mouth and gets caught under the lip of the gas cap behind you? Boom! What if you skid off the road and dump your bike and because of the location of your auxillary tank, it breaks loose and sparks set it off? No thanks, I'm not so lazy that I can't stop for gas. Now if someone would invent a porta potty seat so I could go while I'm riding.....

Gene:jumper::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Registered
462 Posts
imported post

That tank sure looks ugly sitting there.Now if it were a moonshine still.....

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sure does look a bit like a product of "the loving hands of home"

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Go while your riding.........

"Double Depends" !!!:baffled::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

GLester, use a condom with a rubber hose runing down to the other hose dropping locations.....:cheeky1:

Just remember to wear glove when checking out anything behind there!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

Harrystoy wrote:
GLester, use a condom with a rubber hose runing down to the other hose dropping locations.....:cheeky1:

Just remember to wear glove when checking out anything behind there!:goofygrin:
They actually sell something like that too it's called an "easy leaker" or something like that, I've seen it advertised in Rider magazine before, comes with a removable strap on bag or just a hose to leak on the street!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

tpwood wrote:
They actually sell something like that too it's called an "easy leaker" or something like that, I've seen it advertised in Rider magazine before, comes with a removable strap on bag or just a hose to leak on the street!
Can't be any worse than walking under a low flying airliner, when someone is taking a leak, or worse!!:goofygrin:

I'd be useless on an Iron Butt, I have to stop for coffee and a smoke long before the fuel runs low,and stopping to fill 'er up, is just another excuse for more coffee, which in turn means another pit stop a few miles down the line. I don't get very far very fast, but I don't care, I just enjoy being out and about.

I am due up at the Blackpool thing in September, I am leaving soon, it will take me that long to cover the 350mls or so!!:goofygrin:

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Iron Butt riding is not for me, don't have anything left to prove. My idea of riding is to go until I want to stop and then stop. When the butt, knees, wrists and back are all hurting, somehow a lot of the fun seem to leak out.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

This thing looks like you could easily be shot down in flames. Does that mean you could get red eyes for you GoldWing pin?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

tpwood wrote:
I cannot imagine not being willing to stop and take a leak when travelling on the ground. I've been imaginative at times flying though, hauling cargo is better, no witnesses.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.