Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Berryman B12 fuel additive ? Has anyone used both Berrymans and Seafoam and how do they compare ? I'm asking because I saw berrymans for the 1st time and it is 1/3 the price of Seafoam. I love using seafoam but I love saving money or spending as little as possible as I live on a fixed income.

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
I ahve used them both in my 1500.
I prefer the Seafoam as I KNOW it is not goig to harm anything should I leave it in there.
The Berrymans B12 is an aggressive cleaner and I do not have the same confidence in the ability to sit in the carbs for days..

I used the Berrymans in a full tank and then went for a long ride--over 200 miles to burn it all through the system. I do not know if it made a difference , but I tried it...

Seafoam is absolutely safe for your bikes carbs & rubber parts...

·
Administrator
27,938 Posts
Used as directed I don't think berrymans will hurt anything but it is harsher than seafoam. More of a quick fix thing than a preventive measure.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I'll have to check my Napa here! I need to run a few cans of Seafoam in the wife's car.
Changed the plugs and allot of the miss went away but some still there.

May go with the Berrymans for a couple cans though. If stronger tougher stuff may be what I need, then Seafoam to keep things nice awhile.

Funny how we change the fuel filters so often on our bikes, I was at the parts store and wanted one for wifes car, they looked it up and it is NON-SERVICEABLE! :wtf:
Car does not call for any filter other than the one in the tank on the fuel pump they said! I think time for a custom mod to the fuel line maybe ;)

Not that I am too worried, the car only has like 235K on it so why bother changing a fuel filter anyway :lash:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.