Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Or Moly "60" paste! LOL

Sheep....bababbababah.
because members take good advice doe not make them sheep .It makes them sensible,There is years of experience here and members have found out to their expense that using the right oil ,or coolant pays in the long run .
And everybody has the right to choose ,so if the choose not to take your advice then they have that right ,the same if they want to take the advice of so many others then it is their choice ,, so not sheep ,, sensible ..

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
95 Se here too with 127000k and original water pump. Have used silicate-free car coolant from Total for all but the first two coolant changes (i.e. before I read on this forum about the silicates in some coolants)

Total's Coolelf Auto Supra -37 availability and marketing seem sketchy, but (for anyone in Europe who's interested) if you read the smallprint it is silicate-free, orange-coloured and I've used it both neat and mixed 50:50 with water. Never seen it go thick or mushy at any temperature. I don't remember the retail price, sorry, but I think it wasn't particularly cheap (Maybe about 25 euros for 5 liters?). Some might consider it "expensive stuff" or " a scam", but I think it's worth it given how seldom it needs changing. Cheaper gas/petrol now that I might go for, but coolant is not such a big deal I feel.

http://cms.totalengineoils.com/sites/default/files/pds/Coolelf Auto Supra-37 C.pdf

F.Y.I: Had my '95SE 11 1/2 yrs. Year after purchase, decided to change antifreeze as regular Spring maint. Wing 6 yrs. old at this point. Used a product at local auto parts store [can't remember brand name now].
Coolant pump failed within 6 months. Pump cost me approx. $135 at '02 prices [have heard they're now up near $200]. Jim @ Venco Wings [where I get all my parts], stressed use of silicate-free product only. Did so; second pump has 10 yrs. on it so far.
This Spring, had to replace leaking 5/16" hose at coolant pump, as it had started leaking. Went to two local auto parts stores. All they sold was regular silicate a/f and some low silicate product [several brands].
Obtained Honda silicate-free; happy I did so. To each their own; my 2 cents.....papasmurf :)

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
Walmarts Super Tech Antifreeze/Coolant, Extended Life, 5 years, 150,000 miles is made by the same manufacturer as Peak and contains the same ingredients. The MSDS states that it is silicate free. This is considered a good coolant, equal to many vehicle manufacturers brands.

I used it after a poorboy conversion because I had some mixed, but just now checked on its ingredients and quality.

Scott

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.