Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been brought up in the past but I can't find it. I am still not happy with the way mine is running. It feels good but smells bad so I know there is an issue and I know it is on the left side. I have had the carbs off a couple times and have cleaned them a couple times but I am not convinced I got them totally clean so I am going to strip them down totally and toss them in the hot ultrasonic cleaner as I do with my regular jobs and go the whole route. I have checked all of the vacuum lines but I think I am going to replace them regardless. Does anybody know the size to get?
So kit brand and number and vacuum line size.
Thanks. One hip replacement done and I am itching to see if I can get by with just the one so time to get working on it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I inquired at the dealer I work with I would have had to order every single piece as a separate part. Every seal and every gasket! If I do that I am sure to miss one and all of that stuff has to be ordered. Not only that the prices!!!!! The parts guy even told me most of the time he recommends aftermarket for stuff like that.

·
It aint rocket science
3,905 Posts

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
Randakk offers the best kits and they are a complete kit, except for the float valves and slide diaphragms, down to even the linkage cotter pins. Also includes the accelerator pump. It would cost considerably more to get all that from Honda.
http://www.randakks.com/

Reactions: limpy45

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Rebuilt my carbs on 1995 se. Randakks is the way to go. Great kit. Everything you need. Just do a great job of cleaning the carb bodys and parts not being replaced.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I ordered the OEM parts from Cyclemax since I did have to get some brake caliper boots while I was there. We will see if I did the right thing. My accelerator pump works just fine and these kits have everything else that the Randakk kits have for a lot less money. I did notice that Randakk is showing much less stock on older parts so I am wondering if they are going to continue to carry the carb parts? They only showed 2 in stock and when I looked for kits for my VT1100 they did not have anything carb related at all for that.

·
Administrator
25,728 Posts
y. I did notice that Randakk is showing much less stock on older parts so I am wondering if they are going to continue to carry the carb parts? They only showed 2 in stock and when I looked for kits for my VT1100 they did not have anything carb related at all for that.
Probably low on stock because he sells a lot of them. He deals with old wings and CBXs , not sure he ever had anything for any other bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts