Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I see occasionally, someone will have a cup holder mounted on some part or another of there wing usually in front of the rider. Is there anyone who is particularly fond of one brand or another? Also, do I need a gimbaled cup holder or one that will just swivel one way or one that doesn`t swivel at all? I will mostly use it for my coffee cup which has a screw on lid that makes spillage minimal. Advice? Opinions?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
imported post

I used Butler for years on two different WIngs until I replaced it with a 2-gallon cooler. For cups you cannot beat Butler but it is expensive,

·
Administrator
27,917 Posts
imported post

If I actually used a cup the butler might be the thing but I either have a bottle of water or gatorade in mine so I don't ever use a cup. All I have is a plain jane no frills drink holder I got off ebay and it is perfect, and it will hold a cup if needed. I don't want or ever saw any reason for it to swivel, maybe if the bike fell over with an open cup in it.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,644 Posts
imported post

+3 on the Butler.

I have used several and all of them loose the containers, but that Butler?? Never, ever lost my drink container out of it.

Mine is the big boy, it holds a 44 oz thermo jug.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
imported post

I'm using the Kuryakyn stainless cup with chrome mount ...it mounts on either the right or left handlebar of my 1800 ...looks and works good for my coffee or water

Attachments

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
imported post

I use two.

The one on the handle bar often times holds my sun glass / regular glasses case.

·
Nobody
364 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
If I actually used a cup the butler might be the thing but I either have a bottle of water or gatorade in mine so I don't ever use a cup. All I have is a plain jane no frills drink holder I got off ebay and it is perfect, and it will hold a cup if needed. I don't want or ever saw any reason for it to swivel, maybe if the bike fell over with an open cup in it.
I often just have the big cup in my Bulter (no lid) to hold a water or other drink bottle.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

Look for "BAREFOOT WILLIES" CUP HOLDER ON E-BAY. Cheap & good for your coffee cup. If you buy one of these, mount the holder to the hole in the center of the mount & not out on the point....-Rich

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Economical ( or cheap if you want) and works well - holds anything if you can find them in the marine supplies as opposed to the Auto then marine units are heavier and come in white, I have one on the seat handle for the passenger...........:action:

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Thank You Guys very much! The pics help a lot too showing different places to mount the thing. It is always nice to be able to get my coffee down before I get to work.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
imported post

Plain, here is another thread that had lots of ideas. I went with a Ram Mount from the mount guys.com, not cheap but they had/have free shipping and I didn't wanta mounton my handlebar controls. Mounted it to the rear grab handle but only mountthe actual cup holderwhen I plan on longer rides needing a drink. Otherwise it's in the saddlebag.

Cup holders for my LTD (39 replies - 788 views)

[align=center]

class="pricecolor colors_productprice" class="text colors_text"Our Price: $35.88 in stock

Product Code: RAM-B-132-1R

[/i]Arm Length:

3 Inch Arm (Priced as Shown) 1.75 Inch Arm (short) [Subtract -$1.00] 6 Inch Arm (long) [Add $10.00]
[/align]

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
imported post

I like the bike bouy for my GL1500 -

But I modified it a bit to accept larger water bottles - By adding length below the pivot it lowers the center of gravity and it swings without tipping over...

·
Answer Seeker & Kibitzer
634 Posts
imported post

On my sons CX500 we found a nice cup holder (see the center of the tank)..

But it is magnetic and you need a steel surface for it to work properly..

It wouldn't work on a 1500 or 1800.

The 1100's and 1200's too I think still had the steel fuel access doors in the middle of the false tank top

Buy one here - http://www.magnificent-ma.com/

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Brianinpa wrote:
Just a water bottle holder from Wally World.

Thats what I used on my 1200 LTD also Brian, cheap and works great!! I put a zip tie around the holder since it's such light aluminum it bend very easily and the bottle will loosen up while driving down the road.

On my 1500 I use the Ram mount cup holder. Works good for smaller drinks but tall water bottles flop over and then theres the condensate issue dripping on the radio controls I don't like......

Reactions: gt750

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
I put a zip tie around the holder since it's such light aluminum it bend very easily and the bottle will loosen up while driving down the road.
I haven't had that problem. The only time it bends is if I try to bend it so other drink containers fit in it.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cupholder Advice Result

After all you kind fellows let me know your thoughts on particular cup holders I decided on the 'Barefoot Willie`s' one. I would have preferred it had facility to remove the cup holder from the mount when not in use but it is pretty unobtrusive none-the-less. I also like that it attaches directly to a part of the gadgets on the handlebars instead of a clamp type. The cup holder even came with a Koozy to keep soft drink cans cold going down the road. I think I am going to try and find a decent cup for the holder because the one I have is made out of hard plastic and it rattles in the holder. Too big for a Koozy.

Anyway, at first I didn`t like another gadget attached to the handlebars but after a few miles I got used to it and now I am glad I have a cup holder. Of course like others have pointed out, you don`t necessarily have to put only drinks in the thing. Sunglasses etc., will also fit.

So a big Thank You to everyone for your observations. I think I got what I was looking for. If not I might try another type later. But right now I am very satisfied with the 'Barefoot Willie`s' holder.

Later,

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.