Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1988 Goldwing that was not ridden much in the last few years. Its got the stall off idel problem... With the choke on it runs and rides great, but idels way to high...Tryed Seafome with Fresh Gas with no change...Who sell the best Carb Rebuild Kit and what other parts that I may need...Thanks in advance for any Info.

Attachments

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts
Prior to pulling carbs check to see if off idle hesitation TSB was done. Test for vacuum leaks and check fuel pump, auto petcock, fuel filter for proper function. It will save time down the road as long as you are in the neighborhood. Replace all filters and spark plugs if unknown when last done. Check for proper slide function (moving in tandem) and acceleartor pump shot prior to pulling. Do it all and do it once.

I am partial to the Randakk master kit and OEM float valves. Grind off the mixture screw limiters from float bowls to allow full adjustment post rebuild. If you need jets you can get them here.

http://www.jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_street/honda_1500_GL1500_GOLDWING_1988-1991.htm

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Hi Bobboo,

I was going to say WELCOME aboard but I see that you been on board since 06 but have not very many post under your belt. That’s all right… you can learn a tremendous amount just by looking, reading and watching.

So, to answer your question… DriverRider is right. The Randakk kits are Awesome. You get everything you need. I have used them and they are great and very high quality. You can find them here… http://randakks.com/collections/kits/products/randakks-own-gl1500-master-carb-overhaul-kit .

Also when doing the carb restoration, do yourself a huge favor and replace ALL the vacuum lines. You don’t need the Honda stuff that will cause you $500 by the time you’re done, you just need to go to the NAPA’s of the world and get regular vacuum lines in bulk. I redid all of mine and never used a Honda part in mine. I did not even need the custom bent/molded ones.

Good Luck,

Tim.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info...I ordered the Randakks Kit, Now I need to get the carbs off, are there any videos for takeing them off and the rebuilt...Thanks Again.

·
It aint rocket science
3,966 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.